Criminals. They are a superstitious, cowardly lot, and Air Raid has zero tolerance for them. He believes that respect for the law is a defining characteristic of sentient beings, separating them from non-living drones, and is disgusted by the Decepticons' disregard for the laws of their own home planet.
Air Raid has dedicated his life to tracking down the worst of them, spending centuries pursing them all throughout the galaxy, and he intends to keep this up until every single one has been brought to justice.
Following the defeat of Megatron, Air Raid was part of a small Autobot unit led by Arcee that tracked Starscream, now the leader of the Decepticons, to his base on Mars. Air Raid took to the skies in the ensuing assault, but was shot down by Thundercracker. Smokescreen attempted to evacuate his badly damaged comrade, but they were both blown to oblivion by Starscream.
Dark of the Moon game
- Chapter V
When Starscream invades a hidden NEST base in a group of mountains, Air Raid defends the base. After a brief engagement, Air Raid stunned Starscream allowing him to escape and warn Stratosphere, Starscream pursues Air Raid through the gorges, but arrives at Stratosphere is too late, he is already taking off.
Later, after taking Damage from Starscream, Stratosphere deploys the Aerialbots, Air Raid, along with Silverbolt and Breakaway were shot down.
- Air Raid (Scout, 2007)
- A redeco of the Energon Skyblast mold, Air Raid transforms into a Cybertronic starfighter. He comes with multiple accessories that can attach to his jet mode for rocket-boosters and an under-slung cannon. In robot mode, these parts re-assemble to form a giant spear.
- This mold was also used to make his fellow movieverse Autobot Skyblast.
- Air Raid is part of the third assortment of Target-stores exclusive Scouts.
Dark of the Moon
- Air Raid (Deluxe, 2011)
- Accessories: MechTech cannon
- This is a Japanese TakaraTomy exclusive. It is a repaint of the Revenge of the Fallen Thrust mould, with a new head. The MechTech weapon is a remould of Topspin's.
- Air Raid (MechTech Deluxe, 2011)
- Accessories: MechTech shield/cannon
- Released as part of wave 5 of MechTech Deluxe figures, this new mould of Air Raid transforms into green AWAC that appears to be loosely based on the Boeing E-3 Sentry but with only two engines instead of four. His humanoid mode has one fisted hand. The other is a mace on a hinged bar formed from the aircraft's tail. The shield is a MechTech weapon, which transforms from a shield to an ion pulse blaster.
- This mold was also used as the basis for the non-transforming Attacktix Decepticon piece Thrust, as well as the CGI models for Backslash and pre-beast Terrorsaur in "Theft of the Golden Disc".
- Much like many other Target-exclusive Scouts, Air Raid's only faction marking (aside from molded but unpainted Autobot emblems) is a Sector Seven logo. How he could possibly hide in their motor pool is a mystery.
- Oddly, the card image on Air Raid appears to be a redeco of Skyblast's concept model, keeping the original's "toes". Considering that redeco concept models are usually unpackaged figures that are then hand-painted to show the new design, they probably grabbed some early-production toys, or even the original model, by mistake.
- His bio from the Reign of Starscream lists him as being able to visit star systems beyond Cybertronian charts due to his aerial mode. This makes him, along with Megatron, Starscream and possibly Thundercracker, one of the few Cybertronians capable of traveling across deep space on their own steam rather than relying on ships.