The Battle Patrol consists of
- Japanese name: Battle Patrol Team
Generation One Marvel comics continuity
The Battle Patrol were among the first Micromasters serving under Emirate Xaaron on Cybertron. They were assigned to infiltrate a Decepticon base to learn details of a new secret weapon, only to find that the "secret weapon" was Decepticon Micromasters and they had been lured there to be analysed. Big Shot refused to activate the patrol's self-destruct, preferring to go down fighting, but they were easily overpowered by Thunderwing and analysed by Decepticon scientists. They were rescued by their fellow Micromasters but too late to stop the Air Strike Patrol coming online.
Marvel UK future timeline
The patrol were active under Rodimus Prime's command in 2009, when Flak and Sunrunner accompanied him to investigate a loss of communications with one of their outposts. They arrived to find Galvatron had wiped out the outpost and were forced to withdraw when Rodimus' attempt to attack Galvatron in a bestial fury threatened to taint the Matrix.
The Battle Patrol were on the bridge when the Autobots evacuated Cybertron and were dispatched by Kup to search for Rodimus Prime and the person who had sabotaged the ship, unaware they were one and the same. Flak was present on the bridge as Red Alert brought the ship in for a controlled crash.
The Battle Patrol Team is present at Planet Zone Base as it is attacked by four of the Nine Great Demon Generals, who attempt to (and succeed in) stealing the Energon Z, an immensely powerful energy source. The Battle Patrol Team does it's best to stop the overmighty attackers, but their weapons cause little more than a mocking laughter from the huge Decepticons. Nonetheless, right after the fight the team boards Moonradar's rocket and races off to Earth, where they battle the other half of the Demon Generals. Again being absolutely incapable of even hurting their opponents, the Battle Team Patrol along with their fellow Microtransformers are on the verge of extinction only to be saved by the Powered Masters Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber, wo arrive just in the nick of time to kick the Decepticons' butts. The Battle Team Patrol's members all survive and later cheer for their new Supreme Commander, Dai Atlas.
- Battle Patrol (Micromaster Patrol, 1989)
- All four members of the Battle Patrol came packaged on a single card, as part of the first year of Micromasters assortments. Their transformations are fairly diverse in comparison to the legions of identically-engineered Micromasters that came later.
- Battle Patrol Team (Micro Transformer team, 1990)
- Japanese ID number: C-332
- The Japanese version of the Battle Patrol comes in a considerably different coloration: Big Shot (Gunlift) and Sidetrack go to deep brown and dark olive, while Flak (Powerbomb) and Sunrunner go blue and white. Early versions of this set also used yellow (!) plastic rather than the medium gray found on everyone but Sunrunner. This variation naturally goes for a fair bit more than the "corrected" version on the secondary market.
Return of Convoy
- Battle Patrol Team (Micro Trailer team, 1991)
- Japanese ID number: C-374
- The "corrected-color" version of the Battle Patrol Team was re-released in Return of Convoy with no alterations. It did come with an extra that the Zone version lacked; Micro Trailer #11.