|Specifics: Toy and vehicle mode|
Blacker is the commanding officer of the Brainmasters car trio and second in rank to Star Saber among the Earth Autobots. Blacker is possibly the most experienced warrior among the Autobots of Earth and is considered the senior member of the elite Brainmaster unit, making him one of the most respected Autobots around. Blacker tends to take this very seriously and is constantly trying to set the proper example for his fellows. Most Autobots take this in stride with his prestige though Wingwaver considers it highly patronizing. Blacker is more than willing to sacrifice himself for others and has been crippled several times saving others. As a member of the Brainmasters, Blacker is also an instrumental component of Road Caesar as he forms both the torso and arms.
- English/Malay dub name: Roader
- English Shout! Factory subtitle name: Gripper
- Russian dub name: Бластер ("Blaster")
- Voice actor: Kōji Totani (Japanese), ? (English/Malay)
- Blacker (1989)
- Japanese ID number: C-320
- Accessories: Sword, blaster/Road Caesar head, shield/Road Caesar chestplate
- Blacker transforms into a racing buggy with oversized studded tires. His incredibly simplistic transformation for his size is due to the Brainmaster gimmick in his torso: placing his smaller robot "Brainmaster" body into the open chest cavity then closing the plate pushes the inner core of the small robot up, forming the larger robot's face. In car mode, his shield and blaster combine and attach to his roof for an assault mode.
- As with the other Brainmasters, Blacker's smaller Brainmaster robot is designed to look like a miniature version of his larger robot mode.
- Blacker also forms the entire upper body (basically, everything from the knees up) to Road Caesar. As he's the same size as his teammates, this makes for a rather doofy-looking super robot. His sword also combines with the swords from his teammates to form a bigger weapon for their combined form.
- Reportedly, there is a variation on the Brainmaster figure: initial releases of the toy gave the large robot face yellow optics, while later releases gave it the cartoon-Autobot medium blue.
- This mold was used to make Gripper.
- Road Caesar (Multi-pack, 1989)
- Japanese ID number: C-323
- All three smaller Brainmasters were available in Japan both in individual boxes and in a complete Road Caesar gift-set.
- The Brain Masters, despite it being their central toy gimmick, never use their smaller robot components in the anime outside of stock footage sequences. Because he's the leader of the team and the star of their stock footage sequence, Blacker has the most shots of his brain unit visible in these cut scenes -- including the only closeup shot of any kind from the trio's brain units. This shot appears for about one frame.
- Blacker is the second in command of the Autobots, and he's also a jerk. Sound familiar?