For a little guy, Break is full of endless and infective enthusiasm. Eager to prove himself and loving to fight, when he first heard that Big Convoy was selected to lead him and his teammates, his first action was to test Big Convoy’s power. He found out the hard way. Though a little rowdy, most of the time his heart is in the right place and he tends to be a big morale booster for his comrades. Break cares about his fellow Maximals and will risk his own existence to keep them safe. He fights with an intense drive for victory as well as a competitive drive against fellow teammate, Cohrada. The two Maximals argue constantly over who’s the stronger soldier.
Break functions best in cold "arctic" environments. He has a secondary Targetmaster gun mode that can be used by other Maximals.
Beast Wars Neo animation
- Voice actor: Junko Takeuchi (Japanese)
Beast Wars Neo manga
IDW Beast Wars comics
Break serves as a member of the elite Maximal unit known as The Pack. After Razorbeast had prevented Magmatron from raising an army of Predacons using the protoforms of Earth's past The Pack were able to pick up his transwarp distress signal and Lio Convoy ordered them to man the ship and find Razorbeast. It appears Break is the navigator of the ship, and also enjoys trading verbal barbs with fellow Pack member Apache.
Upon arriving on prehistoric Earth, the rest of the Pack engaged the Predacons while Break apparently landed the ship. He later was seen, along with Stampy, to be heckling the Maximals that were trying to restrain the Angolmois-infected Razorbeast.
Beast Wars Neo
- Break (Basic, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: C-32
- Accessories: Missile
- Break transforms into an emperor penguin, and is probably the ultimate shellformer; you can remove every piece of penguin from him (the parts on his arms require a screwdriver, admittedly) and still have a fully-functional, four-limbed robot. He has a spring-loaded missile launcher attached to his right arm. He also his a third (highly questionable) "gun" mode that can be held by larger Transformers. Some fans have affectionately called this the "super-mega-poop-attack!", as the missile fires from the penguin's rear.
- Break vs Dead End (Vs pack, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: VS-32
- Break was available both as an individual and in a versus-pack with Dead End, another shellformer. The toys are identical to their individual-box releases.
- Break sounds exactly like Naruto. While some similarity is to be expected since Junko Takeuchi provides the voice for both characters... Break's intonation, accent, and attitude are notably identical to the later character.
- The IDW comics depict Break's penguin mode as a rockhopper penguin, not an emperor. This is not an error per-se, since in-continuity this is Break's second beast mode. His teammate Stampy mentions that his new beast mode is "revamped," having held a vehicle mode between the events of Beast Wars Neo and the IDW comics.