Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The different values of Optimus Prime and Grimlock go head to head
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 263|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #263
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Grimlock, Swoop, Optimus Prime, Highbrow, Getaway, Jazz and Silverbolt.
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): Sludge, Slag, Snarl, Crosshairs, Cloudburst, Stakeout, Bumblebee, Sunstreaker and Ironhide.
- Originally published: 24th March 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 31st March 1990.
Aboard the Ark Grimlock declares that he and the other Dinobots are again quitting from the Autobot army, perhaps for good this time. However Optimus Prime doesn't react much, being more concerned with Unicron than tantrums. Highbrow is worried as the Autobots need the Dinobots' raw strength, whilst Grimlock is furious that his attitude is dismissed as a mere tantrum. He picks up the table and throws it at the wall. Then as he and Prime once more argue their philosophies, Grimlock challenges Prime for the leadership and declares they will decide by combat.
The two Autobots fight each other and prove evenly matched. Ten minutes later Getaway and Swoop look at the two still struggling and decide to call it a draw. Suddenly Prime and Grimlock burst out laughing. Prime declares that Grimlock has beaten some sense into him and declares that the Dinobot leader is now appointed "Autobot Commander: Earth". He only asks for restraint. Grimlock responds that he accepts and will be restrained. Prime asks who will go with him as he will need more troops than the Dinobots.
At this point Jazz, Bumblebee, Sunstreaker, Ironhide and Silverbolt declare that they will go. They have just heard from Prowl and Wheeljack about how they stopped Megatron's plan to destroy Earth's atmosphere but are in trouble and need help. Prime gives them his blessing and tells them to go quickly!
Items of note
- Clues to help or befuddle anyone trying to work out when the Earthforce stories are set include:
- The opening caption says "The time: Now."
- Optimus Prime is concerned about Unicron heading for Cybertron.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Earthforce".