Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
While the Autobots seek to prove their peaceful intentions to the Nebulans, Zarak summons the Decepticons.
The presence of giant f*cking robots threatens the 10,000-year peace of the planet Nebulos, as the citizens gather in protest demonstrations, and Galen, a member of the ruling "Council of Peers" on Nebulos, looks for a solution to the escalating tensions. Lord Zarak, a rival member of the council, seeks to use the situation to further his own political position, and sends a message to Cybertron to seek the help of the Decepticons in ridding Nebulos of the Autobots.
The Decepticons arrive and quickly attack a major city in hopes of getting the citizens of Nebulos to surrender the Autobots to them. Realizing that they have no choice but to fight back, but unwilling to hand over control of their destinies to the Autobots, a group of Nebulans binary-bond with the Autobots who had sacrificed their heads earlier. These five Nebulans are bio-engineered to actually become the heads of the captive Autobots, creating the first Headmasters. While the Nebulans control the Autobots' bodies, the original Autobots maintain contact with the Nebulans they now carry, and the result is a group of highly effective warriors, which quickly dispatch the attacking Decepticons.
Unfortunately, the Nebulans find themselves in danger of becoming the very kind of warriors they had hoped to avoid introducing to their peaceful world.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Fortress Maximus' "new" head (i.e., Galen transformed) at first looks very different to his original head. It appears to be based on the animation model for Cerebros. It will switch indiscriminately between the two designs as the series goes on, though.
- On page 10, a giant sized version of Cyclonus's future Targetmaster partner Nightstick is referred to as Cyclonus, even though he looks nothing like him. In an attempt to repair this error when the story was published in the UK comic, the character name was changed to Krunix.
- While not a direct error as such, the Nebulans' decision to binary-bond with the Autobots rather than fully restoring them seems very much based on the letter, rather than the spirit, of the conditions under which the Autobots remained.
Items of note
- Advertised as part 2 in a 4-issue limited series.
- Although it is explained that the Nebulans turn into heads that only resemble the original heads of the Headmaster Autobots, and that the original heads maintain radio contact with their Nebulan partners, the original miniseries never mentions what becomes of the original heads. However, a story in the 1987 UK Annual showed that Fortress Maximus, at least, stored his original head in a chest compartment.
|Specifics: UK cover|
- U.S. cover: Fortress Maximus removes his head for the Nebulans by Frank Springer
- UK issue 134 cover: Cyclonus and Scourge by Lee Sullivan
- UK issue 135 cover: Divebomb vs Swoop by Jeff Anderson
- UK issue 136 cover: Grimlock about to crush Divebomb by Robin Smith
- UK issue 137 cover: Susan Hoffman discovers Ultra Magnus by Lee Sullivan
- None yet identified.