- Chain Gun is a Micromaster from the Operation Combination and Micromaster Collection portions of the Generation One series.
Chain Gun is a member of the Autobot Wing Team, six urban-operations Micromasters who can combine to form Sixwing. The Wing Team fight alongside the Guard City team and other Micromasters to protect the Earth from the forces of the mighty Decepticon führer Scrash.
In an alternate timeline/universe, Chain Gun is the leader of the Decepticon Sixwing team, and also the strongest of them. He prefers to attack his opponents from behind, catching them by surprise.
(Note: Since the Chain Gun of "Operation Combination" had no bio information whatsoever, it is unknown if the "Micromaster Collection" bio is retroactive, applying to the original version as well, though many fans treat it as such.)
Operation: Combination story pages
Chain Gun never appears as an individual, only as a component to Sixwing's robot mode.
Micromaster Collection Story
- Sixwing (Micromaster Sixteam, 1992)
- Japanese ID number: TF-02
- The original version of Chain Gun was available only as part of a Sixwing gift set in Japan, transforming into an Apache-style assault helicopter. He can also form the back or chest to any of the "kibble-jet" style of Six-Team, thoguh his nominal placement is as the back of Sixwing. The original Six-Teams are considered among the more difficult Japanese Generation One pieces to find.
- Chain Gun (Micromaster, 2003)
- Sixwing ID number: 1
- In 2002, the entire Sixwing team was redecoed as part of the "Micromaster Collection", in individual boxes with a number visible to show which mold was inside each box. Chain Gun came with the upper legs to Sixwing in this release.
- In every case of twelve Wing Team Micromasters, two of them were solid-white-plastic "Berserker" variations with purple Autobot sigils. All six Micromasters were available in this manner.