Even before the war, Cliffjumper (sometimes called Cliff) was constantly spoiling for a fight. The Decepticons just gave him an excuse. He's been bending fenders and smashing heads for Stellar-Cycles now, and the fun never stops. Despite his short temper, he gets along well with the other Autobots, who appreciate his eagerness to take the first shot in every battle.
|“||Yes, Cliff. Yes you do. Prime (cartoon)||”|
—Do I ever need backup?
Cliffjumper was present on the Ark before it launched, but stayed behind with Ultra Magnus and the Wreckers to slow down Trypticon.
- Voice actor: Dwayne Johnson (English; Darkness Rising only) Billy Brown (Out of Past), Daisuke Namikawa (Japanese); zombie version by Frank Welker (English), Yasui Kunihiko (Japanese)
After conversing with Arcee over radio-link, telling her about recieving a boot clamp for being illegally parked, Cliffjumper discovered an energon deposit. He was attacked by many Vehicons and then taken prisoner. He was taken aboard the Decepticon ship and brought before Starscream. Noting it had been a while since the two had last met, Cliffjumper asked where Starscream's master was, and Starscream stuck his clawed fist into Cliffjumper's chest, killing him. Starscream then ordered his troops to clean up the body.
The remaining Earthbound Autobots arrived on the scene too late, and Ratchet confirmed that Cliffjumper's spark had gone offline. Finding one of Cliffjumper's horns in the dirt, Arcee took the piece of her friend to the Autobots' memorial service. The loss of Cliffjumper hit her the hardest, and she stormed off amidst their eulogies, preferring to honor Cliffjumper's memory by keeping Earth safe. Ratchet confided in Optimus Prime that as long as the Autobots protected humanity, Cliffjumper's death would not be the only tragedy.
Later, Megatron wanted a corpse to test his newly found Dark Energon shard on, he used Cliff's body as a test suject and he was revived as a Terrorcon. After Cliffjumper killed two Decepticon Miners, Megatron sliced him in half when the zombie tried to kill him. Starscream questioned the wisdom Megatrons plan but he told his next in charge that Cliff was no longer an Autobot but a mindless beast that would destroy anything. He was later found partially alive by Arcee —, but when Cliffjumper was growling, Arcee became horrified and dropped him into the mine shafts, where he died (again) in an explosion that Starscream sent off in a bomb.
Arcee never stops lamenting that she will forever be emotionally upset over Cliffjumper's death as equal to Tailgate's.
This made her more aggressive than the other Autobots, causing her decision to risk dangerous opportunities, something Optimus Prime taught her was a disadvantage. When Starscream was an Autobot prisoner, he let it slip that he killed Cliff which sparked Arcee to attack him. However, Starscream sneakingly attacked, wounding her. Starscream then began to gloat about Cliffjumper's death before he started to gloat about Tailgate's death after he learned of his death. Arcee eventually got the upper hand on Starscream, but she saw Bumblebee and realized that Autobots were not killers and that settling scores would not let her move on.
Later, the Synthetic Energon-injected Ratchet blamed Optimus Prime's desire to protect humanity for Cliffjumper's death, angering Arcee, as she tried to pulverize Ratchet but Bulkhead held onto her arms to avoid doing so.
War for Cybertron (DS)
- Voice actor: Steve Blum (English)
He helped defend Omega Supreme against the Decepticons.
Fall of Cybertron
- Voice actor: Nolan North (English)
- Cliffjumper (Deluxe, 2010)
- Accessories: Blaster
- Cliffjumper-First Edition (Deluxe, 2012)
- Either of his hands can be flipped back into the forearm, and when rotated reveal a triple barrelled blaster.
- Cliffjumper-Robots in Disguise (Deluxe, 2012)
- Although the vehicle mode looks similar to the first edition, they are completely different molds. The hands do not transform into blasters and the figure is noticeably shorter and more stocky. The car mode has an easier transformation and less noticeable gaps than the first edition. The weapon that is included is a dual purpose battle ax/hammer that can also be an energon pistol.
- Terrorcon Cliffjumper (Deluxe, 2012)
- This is a retool (only the head) of the deluxe Cliffjumper released in Wave 3. He has Dark Energon painted on him and one missing horn, as shown in the cartoon. The vehicle mode is unchanged except for the paint.
- In Fall of Cybertron, Cliffjumper has the body of War For Cybertron Bumblebee, and a head similar to his Transformers: Prime appearance.
- Cliffjumper's vehicle form in the Prime cartoon appears to be an AMC Javelin AMX.
- Cliffjumper's hood ornament is a pair of steer horns. This is a reference to his voice actor, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as one of his wrestling nicknames is "The Brahma Bull".
- Cliffjumper also said "You mess with Cliffjumper, you get the Horns" which could also be a reference to Mr. Vernon's line from the film The Breakfast Club, "You mess with the bull, you get the horns."
- The Horns seems to be his nickname for his wrist blasters.