Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Marvel U.S. > Issue # 19|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
|Marvel UK > Issue #70–71|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Omega Supreme defends the Ark while the Autobots invade the Decepticons' base.
The Autobots raid the Decepticon base in order to steal the technology required to create combining robots. While nearly the entire Autobot force goes on the mission, Omega Supreme is left behind to guard the Ark. Megatron, meanwhile, takes most of his original crew to greet the Decepticons, who are anticipated to be arriving shortly via the space bridge.
During their journey to the Decepticon base, Skids runs afoul of a human driving an expensive Lamborghini. The Autobots arrive at the Decepticons' base and attack. Megatron, meanwhile, finds that a group of Autobots has crossed the bridge instead of Decepticons; but before he can lead an attack, Shockwave radios him about the Autobot attack at their base. Megatron tries to take advantage of the situation by attacking the Ark, but his squad is soundly defeated by Omega Supreme, with only Megatron and Laserbeak escaping. At the Decepticon base, Donny Finkleberg takes advantage of the battle to attempt an escape. When Shockwave sends Devastator against the Autobots, they gain the information they were looking for, and retreat. As the Autobots leave, the Lamborghini driver cuts Skids off, allowing Ravage to blast Skids with one of his missiles.
The battered Megatron returns, and though Shockwave accuses him of gross incompetence, Megatron reasons that Shockwave sat and did nothing while a trap — an attack that surely had an ulterior motive — sprang up around him. Shockwave cedes command in the face of Megatron's sound argument.
The Autobots are enthusiastic at their victory, but Optimus Prime cannot celebrate, as Skids is presumed lost...
- Originally published: August, 1986
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Megatron hated Finkleberg so much that it took Soundwave's agreement with Finkleberg's argument to keep Megatron from killing Finkleberg in U.S. issue #15. Why is he now the one to tell Shockwave how good an idea it is to keep Finkleberg around?
- In Blaster's lone panel appearance, he's colored like Optimus Prime.
- Starscream is colored as Skywarp when he's destroyed by Omega Supreme.
- The army guard still has his gun on Jake when Skids shows up and Jake flags him down. In all likelihood, Jake would have been shot.
- Skywarp has blue trim instead of purple on the cover.
Items of noteEdit
- Dialogue in the UK version has been altered from the U.S. version. In the U.S. version, Grimlock says, "Bah! You are a coward, Optimus Prime. You do not fight!" and then "Dinobots understand we are warriors—but because you say we would stand out among humans we never go to war! Now you tell us to go to war but not to fight! Commander who attacks to run away cannot command Dinobots!" In the UK version, this is replaced with "Enough talk. When do we get to hit something?" and then "Oh, we understand, all right. Once again, you've clearly demonstrated how unfit you are to lead the Dinobots. We'll have no part in this fool's errand. Back to the Ark, Dinobots. We've got some talking to do..." The U.S. dialogue appears to be an explanation for why the Dinobots haven't been around for a while. Apparently, the UK comic staff thought this explanation would be somewhat out of continuity with the UK comic, since the Dinobots had been featured heavily in several UK-exclusive stories, where they spent their time fighting Guardian, going nuts, and falling into comas (among other things). Also, note that in the U.S. version of the dialogue, Grimlock talks like cartoon Grimlock, whereas in the UK version of the dialogue, he does not (consistent with how he talks in the previous UK-exclusive Dinobot stories).
- Despite making this change, the UK comic doesn't alter the dialogue on the same pages in which Rachet says that he has over a dozen injured Autobots, and Skids says that the Dinobots make up a third of their forces. In UK continuity at this point, Prowl, Jazz, Hound, Ironhide, Mirage, Trailbreaker and Brawn are all still alive and well.
- Grapple began work on Omega Supreme in U.S. issue #14.
- Megatron finally retakes command of the Decepticons from Shockwave after losing it back in U.S issue #5.
- U.S. cover: Omega Supreme kicking Decepti-ass by Herb Trimpe
- UK issue 70 cover: Autobots attacking by John Stokes
- UK issue 71 cover: reuse of art from U.S. cover
- None yet identified.