Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Covenant of Primus (or Book of Primus) is a databook, also known as Data Tracks 7.613. It is a compilation of Transformers scriptural texts believed to be prophetic. The book and its content is also believed to be a sacred and holy text, and is the Transformers' equilvant of the Holy Bible, and also the Book of Revelation. Only two copies remain. One was placed on the Ark prior to its launch. The other was found during the Beast Wars aboard the Nemesis, apparently having been placed there by Tarantulas. They speak of apocalyptic battles at the end of an age. It is believed that the Covenant of Primus foretold the Beast Wars, and it was from these scriptures that the Predacon Megatron took his name. (It is possible the original Megatron may have taken his name from them as well.)
Whether the prophecies in the Covenant only refer to the end of the Beast Wars, or whether there is, say, something in there about Unicron, is unknown. It's also unclear whether these were genuine "visions of the future" prophecies, or whether someone went back in time to write them. Both explanations have precedent.
Known Covenant of Primus verses
- "...and a mighty warrior came down from the sky...and a rainbow was on his head...and his feet were as pillars of fire...and the great dragon was cast out upon the Earth...and his followers were cast out with him." 
- "...and as it were a great mountain, raging with fire, arose from the sea." 
- "I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come...and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you!" 
- "...and the stone of their protection shall rise up forever and ever, as those who live and war as beast confront their final cycle." 
- "...and there came a hero who said: 'Hurt not the Earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, nor the very fabric of time,' but the hero would not prevail, nor would he surrender." 
- "In the spark of an enemy, there will be salvation, and in the darkest hour, there will be a light." 
- "And the sun and its brother shall storm over the new world to reveal the beast and destroy it." 
- The Sojourner's Passage: "Cursed curiosity compelled me to stay, to observe the enemy before the machine age. And now this demands my attention! My first responsibility is to those I left behind, yet I sense what unfolds below eclipses even that which cast me away. In the name of my creator, I will re-enter the void. I will seek that light which has fallen from the forges of our history." 
- "Do not judge a warrior by stature or action until you truly understand that which drives him."
- "When the forty-seven spheres align, a perpetual conflict will culminate upon a world forged from chaos. And the weak shall perish in the shadow of a rising darkness."
- The "mighty warrior" is Tigerhawk.
- The "great dragon" is Megatron.
- "His followers" are the Predacons.
- The "great mountain" was the Nemesis.
- The quote about Megatron refers to how the Megatron of the Beast Wars was, at the time, also carrying the spark of the original Megatron, and was thus "alpha and omega".
- The "stone of their protection" was the mountain over the Ark, which Megatron partially lifted away.
- The hero who "would not prevail, nor would he surrender" was Optimus Primal.
- The enemy whose spark brought salvation was Dinobot II, who in the end turned against Megatron.
- The "sun and its brother" are Sunstorm and Starscream.
- Most of the predictions are alterations of verses from the "Book of Revelation".
- The part about Tigerhawk, "...and a mighty warrior came down from the sky...and a rainbow was on his head...and his feet were as pillars of fire" is from Revelation 10:1, "And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire."
- The part about Megatron, "...the great dragon was cast out upon the Earth...and his followers were cast out with him," in the Covenant corresponds to a verse about the Devil in Revelation 12:9, "...the great dragon was cast out...he was cast out into the Earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
- The verse about the Nemesis, "...and as it were a great mountain, raging with fire, arose from the sea," corresponds to Revelation 8:8, "...and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea".
- "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come...and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you!" is adapted from Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, ... which is, and which was, and which is to come."
- The verse "...and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them," is based on the fictional biblical passage from Pulp Fiction, Ezekiel 25:17.
- "Hurt not the Earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, nor the very fabric of time," is based on Revelations 7:3, "Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads."
- ↑ No, not really.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Nemesis Part 1"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 "Nemesis Part 2"
- ↑ "The Route of All Evil", The Transformers: Generation One vol. 3 #10
- ↑ Apelinq's War Journals, Journal 18: Point of No Return; and "Betrayal", Wreckers #2 Directors Cut
- ↑ "Original Sin", The Transformers: Generation One vol. 3 #5