Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Optimus Prime struggles to maintain discipline when a group of Autobots want to use the Matrix to build an army of super warriors. Then Bumblebee is captured by the Decepticons.
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 42-44|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issues #42-44
- Characters: Prowl, Jazz, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Mirage, Bluestreak, Bumblebee, Gears, Hound, Ironhide, Ravage, Laserbeak, Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Rumble
- Originally published: 4th January 1986 – 18th January 1986
A group of Autobots led by Prowl petition Optimus Prime to create an army of super warriors to defeat the Decepticons. Things become heated when they confront those who are against the plan. Optimus Prime is riddled with doubt after recent events. He eventually turns down the proposal but feels that those in favour are dissatisfied with his decision. He is unaware that he is being observed by Ravage who has infiltrated the Ark.
Amazed to see Optimus Prime uncertain, Ravage deliberately sets off the alarms. After a short battle Ravage is captured by the Autobots. He quickly manages to escape his cell and returns to the Decepticons.
Bumblebee discovered that Ravage had escaped and reported the matter to Optimus Prime, giving Prowl and his group even more ammunition to use against Prime. Upset at how low Prime has sunk, Bumblebee decides to try and recapture Ravage by himself. Unfortunately he is quickly captured by the Decepticons — they had been planning all along to have Ravage captured and escape, so that they could lure any Autobots who pursued him into a trap. They plan to use him to draw Optimus Prime to them. They rip off Bumblebee’s arm and have Laserbeak deliver it to the Ark and instruct Prime to come and recover the rest of him alone.
Prime agrees and sets off alone, only to be ambushed by the Seekers and Rumble. Prime single handedly defeats his attackers and makes his way to the Decepticon Fortress. He then defeats Soundwave and Laserbeak and rescues Bumblebee.
After returning to the Ark, Prime feels better about himself and officially ends all discussion of super warriors.
- Hound is shown standing with the Autobots opposed to Prowl's plan and later mentions that he and the Prowl-aligned Mirage disagree about methods. But on leaving the meeting, he comments "Optimus is being too pessimistic about the outcome", as though he was on the other side.
- Trailbreaker is briefly glimpsed leaving the meeting, coloured yellow and red.
- The first panel of Part 3 shows Sunstreaker among the Autobots with Optimus Prime. He is normally depicted as deactivated at this point.
Items of note
- Prime is here feeling insecure following the events of Prime Time.
- Soundwave has taken temporary control of the Decepticons following the disappearance of Megatron and Shockwave’s sinking into the swamp in Prime Time. He also regained control of Letters Pages after Ratchet's fun from last issue.
- Optimus ends all discussion on super-warriors. He will later go on to build Omega Supreme and the Special Teams.
- This story was reprinted in Collected Comics #8 in Spring 1988. A new cover was drawn for the issue.