Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Crosswise is a Unicron-allied Mini-Con from the Armada portion of the Unicron Trilogy continuity family.
Crosswise is a walking pile of bad luck... for other people. He's certainly a bit clumsy on his own, but anytime he's around, things fall over, machinery shorts out, and things just generally go bad. His allies Sideways and Rook tell him he's a spy, but really, he's just out there to mess things up for everyone else.
- Japanese name: Shadow
Crosswise never appeared as an individual Mini-Con; he was only ever shown as Sideways's Decepticon-head, or as part of the combined rider-robot Mirror.
Dreamwave comics continuity
- Sideways w/ Rook & Crosswise (Super-Con, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MX-01
- Available only with Armada Sideways and Rook, Crosswise's primary altmode is a head unit for Sideways' robot mode. By inserting the robot-mode arms into holes in Sideways' torso, a faction sigil is displayed in Sideways' chest. He also forms the lower half of the combined Mini-Con robot Mirror (unnamed in the Hasbro line) with Rook.
- The original Hasbro Sideways setup had Crosswise as the Autobot-sigil-revealing head, but an error in the television series' animation depicted Crosswise as the Decepticon head and Rook as the Autobot head. Hasbro made a running change so the toy reflected the series' faction alignments. Hasbro also made a slight change to Crosswise's deco, changing the salmon highlights on his legs to purple. The Takara version uses this setup, and has no significant differences from the latter Hasbro Crosswise.
- In the Robot Masters series, Sideways (aka "Doubleface") is said to have "Bright" and "Shadow" programs which help him... do... things. Yeah. Any rate, this is a reference to the Japanese names of his two Mini-Con partners.