Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Needlenose learns the hard way why one should never cry wolf...
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 272|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #272
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Bludgeon, Octopunch, Needlenose, Snarler, Spinister and Carnivac.
- Originally published: 26th May 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 2nd June 1990.
The Mayhem Attack Squad have established a base on a tropical island. In this base Bludgeon, Octopunch and Stranglehold attack Needlenose. They are stopped by Snarler and Spinister who demand to know what is going on. Bludgeon explains that the got a distress call from Needlenose about Carnivac and the Survivors attacking the island, but when they returned all they found was Needlenose with a chronometer, timing their response. Needlenose explains that he served with Carnivac on Cybertron and knows that after they killed Catilla he won't stop until they are all dead. Spinister responds that Catilla, like Carnivac, was a renegade Decepticon who deserved to die and that they deliberately set-up this base as it will be easy to defend and their target will come to them. Snarler decides to leave Needlenose behind to learn his lesson.
As the four Pretenders head off, Spinister reminds Needlenose that he overlooked the latter's cowardice during training as he believed Needlenose had potential. Spinister feels betrayed and swears that if Needlenose screws up again he will kill him.
Later Needlenose returns to his quarters, bemoaning that the others don't understand. Inside he finds the light doesn't work - because Carnivac prefers the dark! Needlenose transmits a cry for help, but the other Mayhems just walk off in disbelief that he hasn't even waited for them to leave the base before trying again. Carnivac reminds Needlenose that one should never cry wolf, and then attacks.
Items of note
- With the next issue the Survivors storyline would tie into the alternate continuity of the Earthforce storyline. It's not clear where one draws the line between the main storyline and this portion of the Earthforce branch.
- The story of the Survivors is continued from "A Savage Place!" in issue 239.
- This story was reprinted in the Transformers Annual 1992 with additional colours by Louise Cassell. This version was subsequently reprinted in the Winter Special 1994.
- The original black and white version was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Way of the Warrior".