Its users however are not immune to its effects. Cheetor used this to his advantage during a fight with Blackarachnia by catching the venom and throwing it into her head. Later, Optimal Optimus was shot with cyber venom by Tarantulas, causing him to short out and sing. Optimus was later dosed with Megatron's own form of dragon cyber venom in their fight aboard the Nemesis.
Transformers Animated cartoon
Blackarachnia acquired it when she was infected with her spider disease on the Spider Planet. She uses it to stun Transformers that she bites, and then she feeds on the energon inside them.
Her cyber venom can be fatal at high enough doses. She gave Prowl and Bumblebee high doses of cyber venom which would have killed them after 2 Mega-cycles if they were not given an antidote.
- Seeing as how Transformers are robotic lifeforms, regular venom should have absolutely no effect on them. It is possible that Cyber Venom functions more along the lines of a computer virus rather than the biological weapon that we consider to be venom.
- The method of delivering a dose of Cyber Venom varies through different series.
- In it's first appearance in Beast Wars, it was delivered in a way similar to traditional venom in that Blackarachnia or Tarantulas had to bite their victim with their fangs.
- In Beast Machines, Blackarachnia sends a path of energy through the ground and into her targets.
- In Transformers Animated, Cyber Venom was delivered through the tips of Blackarachnia's spider leg kibble in humanoid mode.