Cautious. Reliable. Uneager. These are not words to describe Cyclonus. He is one wild and craaaaaaazy guy. Seriously, he's the guy in the group that even the other 'Cons think is a little unbalanced. His usual battle tactic is to rush straight in with every piece of artillery he has blazing, all the while laughing maniacally.
He loves combat, and isn't particularly picky about which side he's on, so long as he gets to shoot things. He's not especially bright, but Megatron knows the value of a soldier largely without fear.
- Japanese name (Micron Legend): Sandstorm
- Japanese name (Super Link): Snowstorm
- Hungarian name (Armada): Ciklonusz
- Hungarian name (Energon, Cyclonus): Ciklon ( "Cyclone")
- Hungarian name (Energon, Snow Cat): Hósapka ("Snow Cap")
- Polish name (Armada): Cyklotron
- Russian name (Armada): Cyclonius
- Russian name (Snow Cat): Snegohod (Снегоход, Snowmobile)
- Serbian name (Armada): Cilkon ("Cyclone")
Cyclonus is a wild soldier under Megatron's command. He is closely partnered with his comrade Demolishor, with whom he sometimes shares a love/hate relationship. He is known for having a maniacal personality and will often fire at targets frantically, risking damage to his own teammates. He has a quirky and sarcastic personality, often leading to harsh punishment by his commander. For some unknown reason, Cyclonus had the habit of falling asleep at random intervals during downtime after battles. He could be the first recorded case of a narcoleptic Decepticon.
Cyclonus served Megatron throughout the Unicron Battles, and was a key player in the united Armada against the chaos-bringer. His alternate form is a helicopter, and he often took pleasure in tormenting the three kids under Optimus Prime's protection. He joined the Autobot unit after the demise of Megatron, though with reservations.
Cyclonus returned as the guardian of Cybertron City based on the moon. Although he served in his role dutifully, he was yearning for the days of combat. Not long after the attacks on Mars and Asteroid City, the moon would also be attacked, a battle through which Cyclonus would hold up a small resistance before he was presumed destroyed. As Demolishor prepared for more Terrorcon assaults on Earth, Cyclonus surfaced, having tucked tail and ran, abandoning Cybertron City on the moon to be looted of its Energon. Cyclonus assisted Demolishor and the Autobots until Tidal Wave showed up wielding Megatron's Sword, a blade forged by Alpha Quintesson from the Spark of Megatron. Believing that it was proof of Megatron, Cyclonus abandoned the Autobots and Demolishor, joining Alpha Quintesson's forces.
Cyclonus would once again serve Megatron when the commander was revived within Unicron for some time, before sustaining damages from an Autobot assault while retreating. Having failed to topple the Energon towers, Cyclonus returned injured to his commander, begging for repairs. In a rage, Megatron bound Cyclonus to the wall using Unicron's internal tentacles as punishment. Cyclonus was then fused with Unicron's essence in a painful manner and upgraded into Snow Cat, who then took up yodeling, and skiing. During the Powerlinx Battles Snow Cat and Demolishor had to deal with a gigantic Insecticon, who was mutated by the Super Energon.
Universe Toy Bio
- (Note: Snow Cat's Universe bio sets him off-camera during the events of Cybertron rather within the pre-existing Universe storyline. This is likely due to the Universe storyline giving way to and folding into the Fanclub Cybertron comic which is set largely on this abandoned Cybertron.)
Dreamwave comics continuity
Ten years after the destruction of Unicron, Cyclonus was spotted in Cyber City, oddly not blowing anything up.
Later, Snow Cat, under the command of Scorponok, captured the Omnicons in a small town in the Yukon and rigged them to a machine that would extract their energon to feed Unicron, then reprogram them as Terrorcons. However, the Omnicons learned the value of teamwork thanks to the shared-hallucination-induced disembodied advice-giving head of Over-Run, broke free, and totally kicked his ass.
Much later, Snow Cat was one of several Decepticons who attempted to "sneak" into Ocean City and steal the data for the Autobots' Omega Supreme prototype. He rushed into the dark hangar, smacked into a scaffolding like a big dumb doof, and was chased out by security. Megatron didn't buy Snow Cat's recounting of how his daring and skill was thwarted by a "sub sea earthquake" for one second.
- (Note: Due to the bankruptcy of Dreamwave Productions, it has not been confirmed if Cyclonus and Snow Cat are one and the same in this reality. If Snow Cat was indeed a reformatted Cyclonus, then it is likely that he was taken during the horsemen's attack on Cybertron during issue 21.)