Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cyrus "The Colossus" Rhodes is a biotech-enhanced human who works for Prometheus Black. He seems to have issues over being rather small and frail, so he uses the enhancements to transform into a giant that's as big as or bigger than Bulkhead.
That's pretty fragging big.
Black boasts that Rhodes is one of his greatest successes in biotechnological enhancement. Colossus is strong, but he isn't very smart.
|“||That's a human?||”|
|“||Must be a new model...||”|
—Bulkhead and Prowl commenting on Rhodes's strange appearance, "Total Meltdown"
|This section covers fiction that is ongoing. It will be added to as the story progresses. If it isn't current, you can help by updating it.|
- Voice actor: Corey Burton (English), Gunnar Helm (German, small), Gerald Paradies (German, giant), Nobuo Tobita (Japanese)
Later, as Black attacked the Sumdac corporation as the villainous Meltdown, Rhodes was left to mop up the opposition outside. Prowl again tried to disable the freak's steroid pistons, but Rhodes commented that the "boss" had reinforced them. Ultimately, he became disoriented again when he accidentally tossed Optimus Prime against a church bell. Prowl correctly surmised that sonics were Rhodes's weakness, so Prime struck the bell repeatedly and forced Rhodes back into his normal, un-enhanced form.
Rhodes managed to escape prison, and subsequently went on a rampage. The Wraith tried to stop him, but Colossus had in fact been keeping up with his news reports, and tipped the Wraith out of his truck. Before he could crush him, Bumblebee showed up and short-circuited his electrode thingies.
Several weeks later, he was still working for Black. After Swoop kidnapped Sari, Black left Rhodes to guard her. However, he wasn't very good at it, as Sari tricked him into walking into a bathroom and drenched him with water, which shorted out his "electrode thingies". He later got his pistons working and emerged from Black's hideout (along with Black's two other mutant freaks) to help their boss, but met up with the Dinobots. After being frightened by the Dinobots' menacing flaming weapons, Rhodes and his cohorts were thoroughly trashed by the robot dinosaurs.
- Colossus Rhodes's name is a reference to the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Obviously, Cyrus Rhodes is meant to roast professional wrestling and the prevalent use of steroids in the business. His last name is also the last name of famous wrestler Dusty Rhodes.
- His steroid pumps are similar in concept to Bane from DC Comics.
- His pumps malfunction when they get into contact with sonic waves or water. Yes, clearly a great success, Prometheus.
- He was defeated by a little girl and a toilet. Sucks to be him.