Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ironhide and Bumblebee destroy a project to re-construct Devastator.
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 264|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #264Edit
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Ironhide, Bumblebee, Devastator
- Originally published: April 7, 1990
Ironhide and Bumblebee track a Transformer lifeform to an island in the Bahamas, hoping that it is their missing teammate Prowl. Instead they discover the site of a project to reconstruct Devastator as a separate robot, since the Constructicons have lost the ability to combine.
Ironhide penetrates the Automated Defense Ring protecting the project, and destroys it.
Items of noteEdit
- The search for Prowl follows his offscreen Bucky-impression after UK#261. He will turn up alive in the care of some kindly Louisiana farmfolk in UK#266.
- Devastator's appearance here is presumably intended to promote his Action Master toy. No in-story explanation is given as to why the Constructicons can no longer combine; nucleon is the obvious suspect, but it's never mentioned.
- The front cover of the issue depicts Bumblebee shouting "There's somethin' moving out here, an' it ain't us!" This is a reference to a line in the 1986 film Aliens, where in one scene Private Hudson (played by Bill Paxton) says the exact same thing, verbatim.