Ironhide and Bumblebee destroy a project to re-construct Devastator.
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 264|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #264Edit
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Ironhide, Bumblebee, Devastator
- Originally published: April 7, 1990
Ironhide and Bumblebee track a Transformer lifeform to an island in the Bahamas, hoping that it is their missing teammate Prowl. Instead they discover the site of a project to reconstruct Devastator as a separate robot, since the Constructicons have lost the ability to combine.
Ironhide penetrates the Automated Defense Ring protecting the project, and destroys it.
Items of noteEdit
- The search for Prowl follows his offscreen Bucky-impression after UK#261. He will turn up alive in the care of some kindly Louisiana farmfolk in UK#266.
- Devastator's appearance here is presumably intended to promote his Action Master toy. No in-story explanation is given as to why the Constructicons can no longer combine; nucleon is the obvious suspect, but it's never mentioned.
- The front cover of the issue depicts Bumblebee shouting "There's somethin' moving out here, an' it ain't us!" This is a reference to a line in the 1986 film Aliens, where in one scene Private Hudson (played by Bill Paxton) says the exact same thing, verbatim.