Filthy both physically and verbally, Dirt Boss intentionally skips maintenance checkups to keep his engine loud and misfiring, despite the risks this poses to him. Foul-mouthed and foul-smelling, he enjoys shocking and annoying those around him. Few can stand to be around him for any length of time; even his Race Mini-Con Team allies, who are likely the only ones who willingly spend any time with him at all, occasionally need to just get away.
And yet, Dirt Boss might actually be the smartest of the team, with extensive knowledge of high-level physics and entropy studies. Not that he ever really looks for a useful application for this information... but it certainly does give some insight into his attitude.
- Japanese name: Drift
Dreamwave Armada comic
Cybertron toy bios
Dirt Boss was sent to Velocitron under the "protection" of Red Alert, in order to split the Road Assault Team up to make it harder for Megatron to steal the entire Team and re-assemble the Skyboom shield.
Meanwhile, an alternate-universe version of Dirt Boss fell through a rip in space-time and landed on Earth. He was found by Landmine, who took the grimy Mini-Con under his wing. They probably get along great together.
- Race Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2002/2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-05
- Dirt Boss transforms into a Peugeot-style rally car, not unlike Bumblebee's Classics design. He also unfolds to form the middle portion of the Skyboom shield with his teammates Downshift and Mirage. He was normally only available as part of the complete Race Mini-Con Team set. The complete Team was also included as bonus add-ons with the Max-Cons Scavenger and Predacon (though what retail chain offered these is unknown at this time).
- This mold was also used to make Midship.
- Grap & Lift with Race Micron (Multi-pack, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MS-02
- The Race Team was available in Japan both as an individual team, and in a multi-pack with Smokescreen.
- Race Micron X-Dimension (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-10
- A limited-edition (but still regular-retail) redeco of the Race Team was made available in Japan. The entire Team was given a deco in varying shades of blue.
- Drift (Micron Booster, 2003)
- Booster ID number: 6
- Part of the first Micron Booster set, this version of Dirt Boss is almost totally identical to the retail version, only this uses a slightly-sparkly plastic and paint. Whoopee.
- Drift (Change Micron, 2003)
- Another nigh-identical Japanese release, this version came as a "candy toy" produced by Kabaya as part of the Change Micron assortment. This toy is actually a new molding, though based on the original mold.
- Road Assault Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2003)
- A late-series redeco of the Race Team --under a new Team name-- was released alongside the Road Wrecker Team. In Japan, individually-bagged members of this Team were given away randomly with the purchase of Armada Jetfire or Tidal Wave at Ito Yokaido stores in August.
- Dirt Boss (Tiny Tin, 2004)
- The entire Race Team was made available as individual Tiny Tins releases under the Universe banner. The toys in this release are identical to the original Armada ones.
- Race Mini-Con Team & Space Mini-Con Team (Multi-Pack, 2004)
- An unaltered version of the Road Assault Mini-Con Team (yet named the Race Team again) was released as part of an Energon-series "Mini-Con 6-pack" with the Space Mini-Con Team.
- Red Alert w/ Dirt Boss (Bonus pack, 2006)
- Landmine w/ Dirt Boss (Bonus pack, 2006)
- A new redeco of Dirt Boss with a Tiny Tin carrying mini-case was packed in special Wal-Mart exclusive sets. Dirt Boss was packaged with both Red Alert and Landmine.
- Hasbro copy writer Forest Lee confirms that the Cybertron Tiny Tins exclusives were originally planned with two different Race Team decos in mind, hence the backstory involving one version of the Team being from an alternate universe and the Tins' decos showing the Mini-Cons in silhouette rather than the normal full-color images. He could not confirm what the then-chosen decos were, however, but it seems likely they were re-packs of the two schemes from Armada, given the use of "Road Assault Team".
- The Race Team are the only one of the three "legendary Mini-Con weapon" Teams to be released in all three chapters of the Unicron Trilogy.