|Specifics: Toys, fiction|
- Dirt Boss is a Decepticon from the planet Velocitron in the Cybertron portion of the Unicron Trilogy continuity family.
Dirt Boss hails from Velocitron's "baja" sector, and boy, is he angry. On the racetrack he's outright psychotic, using his oversized tires to eat up ground and crush down anyone who gets in his way. He especially seems to have a major hate-on for Velocitron's current ruler, Override, though why is unknown.
- Japanese name: Inch-Up
- Russian name: Grazniyu Boss (Грязный босс)
Cybertron cartoon continuity
A wild outlaw, rugged villan of the rough backwaters of the Speed Planet; those who are fooled by the sheer size of DIRT BOSS into thinking he's slow are soon left choking on his exhaust. He lives to pound his opponents into the dust and leave them spinning their wheels - that's if he decides to leave the wheels attached. HOT SHOT is certain to learn some tough lessons from him.
He hates losing. Which he does. He also ends up helping the Autobots anyway. Loser.
Dirt Boss was one of the participants in many of the races on the Speed Planet. However, he does not end up winning the Planet Cup, since Hot Shot was the winner. Dirt Boss never directly worked for Megatron, but his toy labels him as a Decepticon, probably due to his evil-ish nature and the fact that he definitely isn't an Autobot.
Cybertron exclusive toy bio
When a space-time anomaly sent an alternate-universe incarnation of the Mini-Con Downshift to Velocitron, Dirt Boss managed to capture him and used his added power to pillage cities along Velocitron's equator. This naturally drew the attention of Override, who brought along her new Mini-Con partner Mirage (who hailed form the same alternate universe as Downshift) in order to free the captive Mini-Con and stop Dirt Boss's rampage.
- Dirt Boss (Deluxe, 2005)
- Japanese ID number: GD-06
- Accessories: Speed Planet Key
- Dirt Boss transforms into a Cybertronic (Velocitronian?) pickup truck with oversized clear-plastic tires. Plugging a Cyber Planet Key into his tailgate causes his wheel assembly to push down, making him a little lower and wider in truck mode. Wow. In robot mode, this swings a pair of non-firing pipe "blasters" over his shoulders.
- The Hasbro and Takara versions have slightly different paint applications, though the most noteworthy one is that the Hasbro version gives him a Decepticon sigil.
- He comes with a silver-bordered Velocitron-style Key; the Hasbro version has the Key Code "d3h7" stamped on its back.
- Value Pack (Multi-toy bundle, 2005)
- Two randomly paired, fully packaged Deluxes (Dirt Boss, Hot Shot, Override, Red Alert, Sideways, or Snarl) set in a cardboard "sleeve" were sold at Toys 'R' Us and Wal-Mart stores for somewhat less than the cost of two normal Deluxes.
- Dirt Boss with Downshift (Tiny Tins multi-pack, 2006)
- Part of a run of Wal-Mart exclusive sets, Dirt Boss was also sold in a larger box that came with a special redeco of the Race Mini-Con Team member Downshift, plus a special Tiny Tins carrying tin for the Mini-Con. Dirt Boss himself was unaltered from his normal release.
- Dirt Boss / Landmine / Snarl (Multi-pack, 2006)
- Late in the Cybertron line, Dirt Boss got packaged (again without alterations) as part of a special three-Deluxe set with Landmine and Snarl, sold for the price of two deluxes, available at Toys 'R' Us stores.
- Starter Set (Multi-pack, 2006)
|Attacktix ID number:||TF20|
|Special:||Recruit -- 10/36 (38%) success ratio|
|Attack Type:||Shooter (Energy Blast)|
- Dirt Boss was available only in the Transformers Attacktix Starter Set (along with Overhaul and two different Skyblast pieces (robot and jet modes).
- Dirt Boss uses a back-mounted missile launcher that fires a special two-pronged projectile, which is styled after the cannons on his larger main-line toy. The missile's two prongs mean it needs to be positioned just right before firing (you'll want it turned so that both prongs will his the target) for a knock-down.
- His Special Power, Recruit, lets you put any Decepticon piece in play from your Back-Ups.