Japanese name: Spin
Dreamwave comics continuity
Cybertron toy bios
Meanwhile, an alternate-universe version of Downshift fell through a rip in space-time and landed on Velocitron. He was found by the criminal Dirt Boss, who enslaved the Mini-Con and used his power-boost to terrorize Velocitron's equatorial cities.
Man. Downshifts just can't catch a break.
- Race Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2002/2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-05
- Downshift transforms into an open-topped LeMans-style race car. He also forms the rear portion of the Skyboom shield with his teammates Dirt Boss and Mirage. He was normally only available as part of the complete Race Mini-Con Team set. The complete Team was also included as bonus add-ons with the Max-Cons Scavenger and Predacon (though what retail chain offered these is unknown at this time).
- This mold was also used to make Tailslide.
- Grap & Lift with Race Micron (Multi-pack, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MS-02
- The Race Team was available in Japan both as an individual team, and in a multi-pack with Smokescreen.
- Race Micron X-Dimension (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-10
- A limited-edition (but still regular-retail) redeco of the Race Team was made available in Japan. The entire Team was given a deco in varying shades of blue.
- Spin (Micron Booster, 2003)
- Booster ID number: 6
- Part of the first Micron Booster set, this version of Downshift is almost totally identical to the retail version, only this uses a slightly-sparkly plastic and paint. Whoopee.
- Spin (Change Micron, 2003)
- Another nigh-identical Japanese release, this version came as a "candy toy" produced by Kabaya as part of the Change Micron assortment. This toy is actually a new molding, though based on the original mold.
- Road Assault Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2003)
- A late-series redeco of the Race Team --under a new Team name-- was released alongside the Road Wrecker Team. In Japan, individually-bagged members of this Team were given away randomly with the purchase of Armada Jetfire or Tidal Wave at Ito Yokaido stores in August.
- Downshift (Tiny Tin, 2004)
- The entire Race Team was made available as individual Tiny Tins releases under the Universe banner. The toys in this release ars identical to the original Armada ones.
- Race Mini-Con Team & Space Mini-Con Team (Multi-Pack, 2004)
- An unaltered version of the Road Assault Mini-Con Team (yet named the Race Team again) was released as part of an Energon-series "Mini-Con 6-pack" with the Space Mini-Con Team.
- Dirt Boss w/ Downshift (Bonus pack, 2006)
- Thundercracker w/ Downshift (Bonus pack, 2006)
- A new redeco of Downshift with a Tiny Tin carrying mini-case was packed in special Wal-Mart exclusive sets. Downshift was packaged with both Thundercracker and Dirt Boss.
- Hasbro copy writer Forest Lee confirms that the Cybertron Tiny Tins exclusives were originally planned with two different Race Team decos in mind, hence the backstory involving one version of the Team being from an alternate universe and the Tins' decos showing the Mini-Cons in silhouette rather than the normal full-color images. He could not confirm what the then-chosen decos were, however.
- The Race Team are the only one of the three "legendary Mini-Con weapons" Teams to be released in all three chapters of the Unicron Trilogy.