- The Dreads are a Decepticon subgroup from the Dark of the Moon portion of the live-action film series continuity family.
The Dreads are a sub-team of Decepticon assassins specialized in assassination and stealth tactics. They were trained in every Decepticon fighting style and vicious tactics. They transformed into black Chevrolet Suburban police vehicles. They were all killed by the Autobots.
- The Leader of the Dreads. Armed with Razor sharp blades and a chaingun, Crankcase fulfills his role as the deadly leader of the Dreads.
- The second-in-command and Strategist of the group. Armed with deadly spears and large guns, Crowbar proves himself to be very dangerous.
- The Dread's hunting dog.
- Each Dread member bears resemblances to the Predator from the Predator film franchise, including the mandibles around their mouths and the "dreadlocks" around their heads. Crankcase resembles the original Predator, while Crowbar could be the Predalien since he has longer dreadlocks, and Hatchet resembles the Predator dogs in the 2010 film Predators.
- Another alien species that the humanoid Dreads resemble are the Ceph from the game Crysis series, including their reverse jointed knees, their four eyes, and their voices with the metallic echo. Their "dreadlocks" also slightly resemble the Ceph's tentacles that emerge from their backs.
- The two humanoid Dreads are very acrobatic, performing flips, and kicks when battling.
- The Dreads seems intended to be the Decepticon counterpart to the Autobot's Wreckers. Both teams have three members but with the Dreads acting more like Autobots, having simple, non-assuming alt-modes and using stealth as opposed to force, and the Wreckers acting like Decepticons, having obvious weaponized alt-modes and using excessive force and violence as opposed to caution.
- All of them seem to have the same style of teeth for some reason.
- Of them, only Hatchet has a commander class toy. Crankcase and Crowbar both have Legion class. Hatchet also has gold secondary coloration compared to the silver of the other two. The reason for Hatchet's irregularities are currently unknown.