A timeline for the events of Dreamwave Productions' Generation One continuity.
See also: Dreamwave continuity
- The universe is created.
- Primus and Unicron come into existence, then fight.
- The Thirteen original Transformers are created, led by Prima. The Fallen betrays Primus and serves Unicron. Unicron and the Fallen are imprisoned, and Primus takes a nap.
- Forgotten era of ancient Transformers.
- Quintessons infiltrate the Council of Ancients.
- Megatron explores the Forbidden Zones and finds an ancient Golden Disk.
- Gathering supporters, Megatron starts his war.
War on Cybertron
- Grimlock switches from a Decepticon to an Autobot.
- Prowl's home in Praxus is demolished.
- Sentinel Prime is killed by Megatron, searching for the Matrix.
- Megatron attempts to have Cybertron re-imagined as a planet-sized vehicle. Starscream botches this.
- Optronix is appointed the new Prime, becoming Optimus Prime.
- Optimus starts a soon-abandoned plan to leave Cybertron to the Decepticons.
- Optimus lobotomizes Megatron.
- Optimus tosses away the council's Golden Disk.
- This may be when Megatron punishes Starscream for killing the Council.
- Some incident occurs involving a Cerebro-shell, Grimlock and Jetfire. (alluded to in )
- Shockwave begins experimenting with Triple Changer technology on Blitzwing, who the Autobots are later able to capture.
- The Constructicons develop the mass intellect process, becoming the first Combiner.
- Jetfire switches from Decepticon to Autobot.
- Two groups of Decepticons split off, becoming the Predacons and the Ultracons.
- Likewise, two groups of Autobots split into the Wreckers and the Lightning Strike Coalition.
The Dark Ages
- Megatron develops an early space bridge to explore new worlds. Optimus rushes in at the last moment, and both are lost.
- Combiner groups are ruled non-allied by the Crisis Intervention Accord, with their combat status downgraded. Explained by Springer.
- The Fallen is freed from his prison as a side effect of the space bridge incident.
- The Fallen captures Blitzwing, Jetfire, Grimlock and Hot Spot.
- Deus Ex Machina defeats The Fallen.
- Shockwave and Prowl coin the term "Until all are one."
Pre-Age of Wrath
- Megatron makes a deal with the Quintessons, having forgotten that their infiltration of the Council of Ancients started this war, probably as a result of the lobotomy Prime gave him.
- Ultra Magnus rises to power, takes charge, and unites most of Cybertron.
The Age of Wrath
- Starscream attacks a peace ceremony, but Megatron returns.
- Megatron enslaves the captured Autobots.
- This may be when Megatron punishes Starscream for killing the Council.
- Optimus Prime returns to Cybertron, the Aerospace Extermination Squadron is destroyed, and the enslaved Autobots are freed. We're not entirely sure how.
- A number of Autobots and Decepticons leave Cybertron on their ships the Ark and the Nemesis.
- The Dynobots chase the Insecticons to Earth. It's assumed the Insecticons are killed, but they start operating underground.
- Operation: Containment: Jetfire, Countdown, Groundshaker, and Omega Supreme leave Cybertron.
- Operation: Containment splits into two separate groups.
- Skystalker invades planet Paradron, killing most of its inhabitants.
- Countdown chases Skystalker to Paradron's core and steals their Golden Disk.
- Skystalker drains all energy from the world Kyron to send a signal to Shockwave.
- Autobots and Decepticons collaborate to develop Micromasters in the Little Iacon establishment as a means to add more troops to each side.
- The project is terminated early; both factions take whatever troops they can.
- Countdown and Skystalker return to Cybertron.
- Countdown and Big Daddy recruit Micromasters from both sides to stop Skystalker's plans to kill all the guzzlers.
- Tired of war, Fortress Maximus quits the Autobots.
- Big Daddy decides to find the truth for himself.
- Omega Supreme is pushed from being a creature of impulse into a creature of pure technical computation.
- If the Beast Wars happened, they would be happening sometime around now.
- All Transformers deactivate as Cybertron undergoes a new stage in its planetary evolution.
- An army of Sweeps are released, but all except one go into hibernation.
- Scourge awakens Shockwave.
- Scourge saves Shockwave from the Sharkticons.
- Shockwave turns on Scourge Alpha Trion. ; eventually Scourge's presence leads Shockwave to
- Shockwave installs a High Council of Autobots to help reconstruct Cybertron.
- Hot Rod's rebel group reawakens Autobot senses and brings awareness of the manner in which Shockwave is oppressing the populace.
- Scourge makes his way to Earth and attacks Jetfire's ship.
- Jetfire imprisons Scourge in an Autobot escape pod.
- Jetfire and the pod are trapped in an avalanche.
- 1939 — Transformers/G.I. Joe doesn't happen. (alternate reality)
- 1984 — The Transformers on Earth reawaken and restart the Great War. The Autobots befriend the Witwicky family. Mechanic and family patriarch Sparkplug thinks this might be a bad sign.
- Nathaniel Faireborn becomes involved.
- Faireborn starts the EDC. Starts and stops Project: Centurion.
- The Decepticons recover/capture Jetfire and hold the scientist aboard the Nemesis.
- Megatron captures the Dinobots and their ship and holds them in a cave. Only Megatron and Grimlock are aware of this.
- Spike Witwicky marries Carly, and they have a child named Daniel. Some people also think this might be a bad sign.
- May 4th, 1998 — Operation: Liberation: Autobot and human military action is taken against the Decepticons, with their defeat attributed to Rudy "Red" Kingley.
- General Hallo and Adam Rook attempt to engineer their own Transformers. Failing that, they plan to control the existing ones.
- July 24 1999 — Ark II explodes as a means to cover the Autobots and Decepticons being held in secrecy by the American government. And incidentally, Shockwave wanted to keep the Autobots and Decepticons on Earth until the time was right.
- Adam Rook takes the name "Lazarus" and goes private with the operation, General Hallo takes the break-up really, really hard.
- 2002 — Optimus Prime is recovered, and General Hallo summons Spike Witwicky to reactivate him.
- Megatron escapes Lazarus' control, and turns him into a statue.
- The Autobots and Decepticons ruin San Francisco for the millionth time. Superion and Devastator are destroyed.
- Scourge's pod reactivates, killing some sea-life.
War and Peace
- Shockwave has all Decepticons and most of the Autobots on Earth brought back to Cybertron.
- Scourge is captured by the humans.
- Starscream blasts Megatron into space.
- Grimlock recovers the Dinobots and returns to Cybertron.
- Shockwave uploads contents of Vector Sigma to his own laboratories.
- A signal is sent to Unicron.
- Shockwave falls down a hole and thus his oppressive regime is overthrown.
- Starscream and friends returns to Earth.
- Wreck-Gar recovers Megatron.
Generation One (ongoing)
- Cyclonus and his armada are created. For once, it is worthy of the name.
- Wreck-Gar finds Megatron and repairs his brain damage.
- Starscream's party overcomes the fact that their transport is alive and manages to make it to Earth, where they scans new alt modes for the Combaticons.
- Bumblebee and a crew head to Earth on the Orion.
- An attack on the Ark leaves most of Starscream's Decepticons captured.
- Bruticus defeats most of the Autobots.
- The Ark is detonated in an attempt to stop Bruticus (which doesn't work).
- Sunstorm is activated and arrives on Earth.
- Sunstorm takes Starscream to some weird goo thing on Earth.
- Starscream causes Sunstorm to detonate crazy, Jetfire prevents the explosion from destroying Earth. Bumblebee deserts the Autobots.
- Megatron "kills" Wreck-Gar.
- Megatron recruits the Predacons and gives them the ability to combine into Predaking.
- Megatron steals Shockwave's tiny army from Cybertron and heads to Earth.
- Prowl also heads to Earth with his own team.
- Dreamwave goes out of business in a large explosion. Pat Lee and friends walk away smoking possibly with money.