Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dune Runner is the Adventure Mini-Con Team's technical expert, with a knack for gauging field conditions and other mission variables. He's usually a bright and cheery Mini-Con who lets everyone around him know it, looking to brighten the mood of those around him.
But his emotional lows run as extreme as his highs; should something upset him, he is subject to depression and relentless complaining. A particular trigger for this is forcing him to leave warmer climates for damper or colder ones. As such, Iceberg's penchant for trying to steer the Team to cold-weather missions ends up doubly annoying.
- Japanese name: Spike
Armada cartoon continuity
Dune Runner was among the newly-enhanced Mini-Cons on Earth who answered Combusta's call for assistance with the mutant Autobot Ravenus. Dune Runner soared in and used his powers to help contain the creature and bring him back to his original form before he was mutated by Unicron.
Afterwards, he joined the gathered Mini-Cons in saying goodbye to human ally Stella Holley, and joined the Autobots onboard the Axalon to return to Cybertron for the final battle against the Mini-Cons' dark creator.
Dreamwave Armada comics continuity
Dune Runner was one of the many Mini-Cons stationed on Earth's Moon for millennia. When the Decepticons invaded, the Adventure Team were part of the first wave of defense against them. However, due to Leader-1 and Dualor's fighting, the base's defences were destroyed, and the entire installation had to be abandoned. The Mini-Cons escaped to Earth in a series of emergency rocket-pods.
Later, after (temporarily) siding with the Autobots, the Adventure Team was dispatched to Alaska in order to retrieve the last Mini-Con escape pod from the Moonbase. However, when the team started digging, they were interrupted by Thrust (who Dune Runner shot in the face with his cutting torch), then the super-powered Cyclonus, who scattered the team. He was recovered by Jolt when Autobot reinforcements arrived.
The whole of the Earth-based Mini-Con force gathered in Arizona's Black Mesa to take the space bridge back to Cybertron to fight off the approaching Unicron. He was among the Mini-Cons at the Loop in Cyber City, giving his power to the Mini-Con Matrix that dealt the critical blow to Unicron.
- Adventure Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-16
- Dune Runner transforms into a “sand rail” off-road buggy with a swiveling gun turret on his back end. He has a gear-wheel system that rocks the gun barrel back and forth when he is rolled forward or backward. His gear-wheel can also attach to the underside of the Armada Cyclonus mold, and use the larger toy’s rotor system to activate his gun barrel. He was normally only available in a three-pack with his teammates Iceberg and Ransack.
- Grap Supermode with Spark Lift and Adventure Micron
- Japanese ID number: MS-07
- In Japan, the Adventure Team was available both in an individual set and in a multi-pack with Hoist and "Spark" Liftor.
- Adventure Microns X-Dimension (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-19
- A limited-edition (yet still standard retail) redeco of the Adventure Team was released in Japan. For the X-Dimension release, Dune Runner has a silver deco with yellow and black warning stripes on his back end.
- Powerlinx Cyclonus with Crumplezone and Bonus Mini-Con (Bonus pack, 2003)
- Powerlinx Hot Shot with Jolt and Bonus Mini-Con (Bonus pack, 2003)
- In November of 2003, US Toys "R" Us stores had special bonus pack Max-Con (Deluxe) toys, which came with a single bonus Mini-Con attached to the card over their sticker, for less than the price as a normal Max-Con during Toys "R" Us' post-Thanksgiving-day sale. Each of the Adventure Team Mini-Cons could come packaged with either Powerlinx Cyclonus or Powerlinx Hot Shot.
- Adventure Mini-Con Team & Sea Mini-Con Team
- An unaltered version of the original Adventure Team was released as part of an Energon-series "Mini-Con 6-pack" with the Sea Mini-Con Team.
Test-shots of a slightly-altered Adventure Team have popped up from various sources. It's possible this was intended to be a mid-series deco-change for the team, though it looks unfinished at best. The team has the exact same paint application layouts in the exact same colors as the original. Dune Runner's plastics changed to blue, which looks real interesting with his painted-tan arms.