Little is notable about Duststorm, except for his ability to form a limb of the powerful Constructicon Maximus and perhaps other combiners, and the hard-to-pronounce "stst" phoneme in his English name. He was one of the few to survive the great battle between the combiners, late in the Energon wars,outliving his own team leader Steamhammer through what was either ghoulish treachery or ingenious improvisation on Storm Jet's part. It all depends on your point of view.
(Disclaimer: Teletraan-1 intends no reference to any inane film adaptation of any classic work of sci-fi literature. Vogons have been dispatched to destroy the planets of any who see one.)
- Japanese name: Long Haul
Energon cartoon continuity
Duststorm made a rare appearance in robot form in a virtual-reality video game Hot Shot was playing.
- Duststorm (Basic, 2005)
- Team ID number: C2
- Accessories: Energon claw, Decepticon energon chip
- Duststorm, identical in mold to his teammate Wideload, transforms into a truck-mounted mobile crane. He can also form a leg or arm to any Energon-series "Powerlinx Combiner" super robot, though his nominal placement is as the left arm of Constructicon Maximus. He comes with a giant claw for clawing things, which can be wielded in hand or affixed to his boom, and a blue "super energon" Decepticon-style energon star. The mold was also used for Classics Long Haul and Hightower.
- Buildron (Gift set, 2004)
- Japanese ID number: EX-01
- In Japan, Duststorm was only available as part of the complete Toys "R" Us exclusive "Buildron" set . He has some slight deco differences from his US Hasbro counterpart.