Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Transformers: Escalation > Issue # 4|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
As the Decepticons raise global tensions, the Autobots deploy to stop them. Meanwhile, the search for Sunstreaker and Hunter continues.
Hunter O'Nion is alive, and in a strange medical facility surrounded by masked medical personnel. Something is injected into his IV bag, and the last words he hears are "Prep him for surgery," before he loses consciousness.
Outside a custom auto parts store in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Ironhide, Jimmy Pink, Ratchet and Verity Carlo conclude that the store's sophisticated security system indicates it is more than it appears to be. To avoid detection, Verity and Jimmy insist that they go inside, since the security system might detect the Autobots' holomatter drivers. Ironhide agrees reluctantly.
In Brasnya, Blitzwing is camouflaged and in the perfect position to take a shot at Optimus Prime. Just before he fires, Roller, controlled by Prime, takes Blitzwing out with a cannon blast; he'd been tracking the Decepticon from his Combat Deck.
The facsimile Georgi Koska drives onto the scene with Megatron still in his alt-mode as a hand gun; the two of them are attacked by Prowl, Wheeljack and Jazz. Megatron gives the order for Koska to self-terminate as the other Autobots scramble to preserve him for study. Skywarp and Astrotrain appear and attack the Autobots just as Hardhead and Hot Rod arrive on scene via orbital jump to help. Seeking termination, the Koska facsimile limps toward the enemy line.
Verity and Jimmy are inside the auto parts store and nose around. Verity discovers a secret door behind a shelf which the two of them manage to open. What's inside?
As Brasnyan troops watch in surprise and confusion, the Autobots have their hands full with Blitzwing and Astrotrain, then get some help in the form of Hardhead. With that added firepower, Prowl is only seconds away from capturing Koska, but an impatient Hot Rod gets in his way, and the two tumble out of control. Meanwhile, Nightbeat reports to Prime that all transmissions in the area have gone dead. Prime has bigger fish to fry; Megatron has just transformed and landed right in front of him.
In Indiana, the secret entrance leads Jimmy and Verity to a large workshop filled with advanced tools that Jimmy doesn't recognize. Jimmy sifts through the trash for clues, while Verity starts searching a computer and desk, where a business card catches her eye. Without warning, the door locks and the vents start pumping a gas into the room. The two humans are overcome and fall to the floor. On the computer screen, a timer starts ticking down.
- Originally published: February 28, 2007
- Continuity: IDW continuity
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- None yet identified.
Items of note Edit
- The "Decepticomments" section did not answer readers' mail but did have an ad for the movie prequel comic.
- When Verity and Jimmy are searching the auto shop, a Binaltech-brand air filter and "Seibertron Car Show" pamphlets can be seen on the shelves.
- The word "Takara" can be seen on the book by Verity's hand as she sets off the trap.
- The above references strangely make much more sense once you realize the auto shop's name is the "Idea and Design Works Custom Wheels". Could IDW be a front for the Machination? Maybe they just share the same secret hideaway.
- Cover A: Astrotrain vs Hardhead by E. J. Su
- Cover B: Optimus Prime by Klaus Scherwinski
- Cover RI: cover A, uncolored