Starscream and Soundwave fight as the true plotters are revealed...
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 285|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #285
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Starscream, Soundwave, Bludgeon, Grimlock, Prowl, Megatron and Shockwave.
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): Octopunch, Stranglehold, Ironhide, Sludge, Slag and Swoop.
- Originally published: 25th August 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 1st September 1990.
Starscream returns to the base and attacks Soundwave, demanding to know why he hired the assassins.Soundwave denies this and, via a pre-recorded message to allow him time to fight, explains that although he had ample reason if he had wanted Starscream dead he would have either made it look like an accident or employed professionals - employing amateurs is not his method. Starscream agrees, and they ponder who would benefit the most if one or both died. But before they can think further the base is invaded by Bludgeon, Octopunch and Stranglehold. They have been sent to kill the survivor, but realise they can now charge double.
Outside a squad of Autobots observes the new arrivals and realise it complicates their plans to capture Starscream alive. However, this is at odds with the plans of two further arrivals - Megatron and Shockwave!
- Despite knowing that a furious Starscream will come after him, Soundwave is not wearing his shoulder cannon.
Items of note
- When Prowl gets frustrated with Grimlock he literally thinks of a brick.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Fallen Star".