Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the Autobots and Decepticons. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character's unique abilities. With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock's nearly-indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus. Fight through both sides of the Transformers' most epic battles leading to their legendary exodus from their home world. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows you to go head-to-head as Autobots and Decepticons with its multiplayer online mode. Create your own personalized character and weaponry with the most advanced and in-depth customization ever before seen in a Transformers video game.
It is the much awaited sequel to War for Cybertron. "Transformers: Fall of Cybertron continues the story of the Autobots and the Decepticons and their bitter civil war, but changes and improves upon so many of the fundamental ideas that the developer considers the game a natural successor rather than a true sequel. We have over 12 pages of exclusive details on High Moon's new project, including extensive story and game play explanations, concept art, and dozens of screenshots. Whether you love the Transformers, or you just love hearing about the next great story-driven action game, Fall of Cybertron should be on your radar."
- The plot begins immediately after Rise of the Dark Spark.
- It has one campaign with different characters.
- At least one Transformer has more than two forms.
- Every Transformer has a unique ability; like Jazz's a grappling hook, or Optimus Prime's control of the massive Metroplex, or the Combaticons' ability to turn into Bruticus.
- Grimlock is in the game and he can transform into a fire-breathing robotic T-Rex. (Seriously, what's better than a giant, fire-breathing alien robot dinosaur?)
- You can buy and upgrade gear.
- Cybertron is no longer flat.
- Nolan North voices an archaeologist.
- There's more ammo this time.
- There's no campaign co-op.
- Character creation is insane. 
There not as many bosses as there in War for Cybertron. They are
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
The game begins with the Autobots leaving Cybertron on board the Ark. As they head towards a portal, Optimus reflects with Bumblebee over the difficult choice of leaving their homeworld after Cybertron's core was poisoned by Dark Energon (through the events of War for Cybertron). On their journey, the Decepticons attacks the Ark with giant tow cables in an attempt to disable and restrain the ship. The Ark's bridge was hit and Bumblebee was sent flying. With the help of Ratchet, he recovers from the explosion and immediately goes into action, fighting off the Decepticons. As the Autobots battle the boarding party, Bumblebee tries to stabilize the ship while attempting to reach to Optimus. After aiding his comrades, Bumblebee finds Optimus just as Megatron prepares to fire a fatal blow to him; Bumblebee dives in to take the hit and becomes critically injured. The game then flashes back to six days earlier.
After Optimus ordered a planetary evacuation to all Autobots, Megatron attempted to prevent all evacuees from escaping through a Decepticon blockade. As Optimus watched over the blockade, he reflected on the fact that he's not clear how many managed to escape the blockade, but there's only one ship left: the near-complete Ark. While the Autobots defended the Ark from Decepticon forces, Optimus arrived to get a status report on the progress of the Ark from Perceptor. Shortly after, the Decepticons attacked their base.
The Decepticons had broken through their defensive lines with a large scale attack. Optimus realized they have broken through Grimlock's post and unsuccessfully tried to make contact him. To make matters worse, Megatron ordered a heavy assault on the Autobots while dispatching a series of deadly Warp Cannons to destroy the Ark. Optimus must defend the Autobot base as well as the Ark or lose any chances of survival.
Optimus attempted to stop the invading ground forces by providing combat support and leading the charge against their attackers. Guided by Perceptor, Optimus made his way to a Neutron Cannon around Autobot City to halt the Decepticon assault. After destroying all the Decepticon tanks attempting to destroy the Ark's fueling station, the cannon ran out of power; Optimus needed more Energon to recharge the weapon. However, through the power of the Matrix, Optimus was guided through the insides of Autobot City to awaken Metroplex.
As "Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime", Optimus had his targeting system synchronized with Metroplex to direct his power against the Decepticons. The titan devastated the Decepticon ground forces and provided Optimus with long range ballistic support as Optimus targets the Warp Cannons for Metroplex to destroy. The giant successfully destroyed two of the three Warp Cannons before being blasted by the third one. Optimus attempts to take down the last cannon on his own, but was caught by surprise shortly by Starscream and the Combaticons and brought before Megatron.
Optimus tried to reason with Megatron that he won the war and the Autobots only want to leave, but Megatron doesn't tolerate desertion without his permission and began executing Autobots in front of Prime's eyes. Megatron stated that he believes Prime's interference is the reason why he couldn't return Cybertron to its former glory. He then ordered the last Warp Cannon to destroy the Ark. Just as Megatron prepares to execute Optimus, Metroplex recovered, tracked down Optimus, and attacked Megatron's base. Instead of retreating, Megatron insisted to have his troops open fire upon Metroplex. The titan pummels Megatron repeatedly into the ground until he is dead. Having lost Megatron, Starscream claimed leadership of the Decepticons and ordered a retreat. As the Decepticons retreat back to their base, Ironhide marveled over their victory, but Optimus said that it was a hollow victory as they ran out of Energon for the Ark. However, he believed Grimlock's disappearance may yield a potential lead on new resources and dispatched Jazz and Cliffjumper to investigate at the Sea of Rust, Grimlock's last known position.
Shuttled by Sideswipe, Jazz and Cliffjumper reached to the Sea of Rust. Due to a dust storm, the transport couldn't land and the duo had to jump off the remaining way to Grimlock's and his team's (the Lightning Strike Coalition Force) last known whereabouts. They found a downed and burning dropship nearby and investigated it. By analyzing its logs, Jazz confirmed that Grimlock and his team took the ship here after discovering an energy spike. By following Grimlock's trail of destruction, Jazz and Cliffjumper found a Decepticon outpost where Cliffjumper used stealth-infiltration tactics and a new cloaking device to sneak past enemy guards in order to further investigate.
Searching through an ancient tomb, Cliffjumper discovered an ancient holographic map room that reveals our solar system; he wonders if the Ancients actually traveled to such places. As he exits, Jazz warned him of the rust storm picking up again as the wind tears the surrounding structures, causing Jazz to be pinned down against a Decepticon patrol. Cliffjumper rescued him and the two finds a nearby cave. Jazz decided to investigate deeper as he finds a distress signal, and jumps in.
The distress signal lead to a stasis-locked Sludge. By accessing through Sludge's memory core, the duo learned that Grimlock and his team were overwhelmed by an unknown enemy; Jazz soon learned that the force that took out Grimlock were Shockwave's Insecticons. Jazz fought his way through and escaped a deadly gas called Toxic Energon (most likely the waste by-product of refining Energon) to reach the surface.
On the surface, the duo discovered an enormous tower firing a bright beam into Cybertron's orbit in the middle of a large reservoir of raw Energon. While investigating, they infiltrated a Shockwave's lab and found him communicating to Starscream. It is through their conversation that the duo learned that the tower is actually a Space Bridge. Starscream, however, doesn't see the value in the tower; he only wants Shockwave to pump the Energon lake. Cliffjumper wanted to get the jump on Shockwave, but Starscream saw through his cloak and Jazz had to assist him. Shockwave escapes the ensuing confrontation, trapping Cliffjumper, which left Jazz alone to fight off the incoming Insecticons. Cliffjumper overloaded the tower with Toxic Energon, and the duo escaped the tower's explosion via Sideswipe's ship.
Jazz reported back to Optimus of their findings and told him of the large cache of pure Energon for the taking. Optimus prepared to dispatch a recovery team, but Rachet wasn't sure how to transport all the Energon back to the Ark. Jazz suggested Metroplex, but Optimus needed him to protect the Ark. Ironhide then suggested using a refinery transport (a flight-capable mobile fortress) to haul the Energon. Perceptor had his doubts as the transport burns a lot of Energon, but Ironhide argued the transport is the clear choice as it has the firepower to repel a Decepticon attack. Optimus agreed with Ironhide and had the team recover the Energon.
Unwilling to lose their Energon, Starscream staged a frontal assault and his Combaticons to reclaim it. Onslaught, the team's leader, had Vortex, Blast Off, and Brawl to destroy the supports of a bridge on the main road. As a result, the transport was diverted to another route.
Starscream ordered an aerial assault on the transport despite Blast Off's report on its anti-aircraft guns. Onslaught salvages the operation by sending Swindle to the underbelly of the transport. He engaged Autobot ground forces and destroys the transport's wheel struts, forcing the transport to transform into flight mode.
The oil refinery rig's anti-aircraft guns were successfully defending themselves against the Decepticon aerial attack. Seen as a failed mission, Starscream ordered the Combaticons to abort the mission, but they defied him and continued the mission. Using their combined power as Bruticus, the transport was brought down. However, the transport's engines were shot, forcing them to perform a controlled crash landing. After they successfully crashed with minimal damage to themselves, Starscream arrived at the crash site and arrested the Combaticons for insubordination and costing them half of the Energon onboard the transport.
Later, Soundwave secretly rebuilt and revived Megatron in his lab in Kaon with some help from Laserbeak and Rumble. Enraged at Starscream taking command of the Decepticons, Megatron freed the Combaticons, stopped Starscream's coronation as King of the Decepticons, and reclaimed his leadership over the Decepticons. Shockwave reported to Megatron that he built a full-scale replica of the tower in the Sea of Rust. The Space Bridge portal is ready; all they need was a space transport large enough to carry the Decepticons.
Megatron ordered a full scale assault on Iacon, where Trypticon remained under Autobot quarantine. Megatron invaded the facility to find and obtain Trypticon's power core, intending to use it on the space transport. Along the way, he and Soundwave realized that despite the damage sustained in the events in War for Cybertron and his limbs detached from his torso, Trypticon still lives. However, Trypticon remained in stasis. Megatron freed Trypticon from the Autobot's clutches as Soundwave restored control over Trypticon. Megatron has a idea and informed him that he "failed" to destroy Optimus Prime, but he asked him that he reward him to destroy few more Autobots then giving the Trypticon's secondary mode into the Nemesis, a sentient dinosaur-like ship. "In his damaged state, Trypticon's auxiliary form [became] permanent." (quote from Soundwave)
Having been defeated by Megatron and forced to flee, Starscream infiltrated Shockwave's base to find new opportunities to rise again. It is there that he found Shockwave talking about his experimental subject Grimlock to Hardshell, Kickback, and Sharpshot. Eavesdropping on Shockwave's comments, Starscream found out that Shockwave found a new planet through his Space Bridge inhabited by dinosaurs. Grimlock's body was experimentally modified in an attempt to create a deadlier breed of combat-focused Transformers similar to Earth's dinosaur breed. Unfortunately, as a side effect, Grimlock suffered from diminished intelligence. When Shockwave exited, Starscream offered Grimlock freedom in exchange for his loyalty to Starcream, figuring that Grimlock wasn't bright enough to think, but Grimlock escaped by throwing Starscream into the restraint controls. He then reunited with his remaining teammates Swoop, Slag, and Snarl (renamed as the Dinobots) and defeats the defending Insecticons.
After reunited with his team (although Sludge seems to be forgotten), Grimlock noticed a Space Bridge tower that Shockwave had constructed nearby. Grimlock fought his way to Shockwave's tower to face him, but he was immediately restrained. Shockwave over-confidently thought he had the right countermeasures to stop Grimlock as he's programmed not to transform. However, through Grimlock's rage, he overrode the program and transformed into a T-Rex, destroying Shockwave and the tower. With the tower gone, the Space Bridge portal in Cybertron's orbit started to decay.
With the portal destabilized, the Autobots had to launch soon or the portal will collapse. Unable to leave Cybertron without Energon, Metroplex offered himself by transferring all of his Energon to the Ark. The Ark successfully launched.
The Ark headed toward the portal, but the Decepticons arrived in the Nemesis to stop them. Soundwave led the first wave of troops onto the ship through giant tow cables and destroyed the Ark's automated defense system (In the first chapter, Bumblebee spotted Soundwave and Rumble breaking through Autobot defenses). Jetfire was then launched into space to disengage the Nemesis's cables. Soon after, Bruticus launched from the Nemesis and destroyed the Ark's fuel line before being blasted off from the ship by Jazz and Jetfire (Almost immediately after Bumblebee's alternator was shocked into gear, he spotted Bruticus on an overhead bridge). Returning back to the climatic battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime, the two engage in melee combat; however, the two are pulled off of the hull of the Ark by the unstable portal. The gravitational forces pulled both the Ark and Nemesis into the portal, where it finally closed to leave their home planet alone and quiet.
Multiplayer in Fall of cybertron is similar to War for Cybertron's multiplayer, but there are some differences. You have to buy parts for your custom character with in-game currency called Energon points, or with real money.
The four War for Cybertron classes return, but they're a little different:
- Generation 1
- Megatron ruining Starscream's "coronation" with some of the dialogue taken straight out of the movie. Starscream's crown that he wears during the level can be found when playing as Starscream at Shockwave's facility in a later level.
- The Heartbeat Monitor used for Optimus Prime in The Transformers: The Movie appears several times whilst moving through the nerve centre
- Jazz and Cliffjumper are partners, just as they were in The Transformers: The Movie and the episode Starscream's Brigade
- When Cliffjumpers accesses the Teletraan One store, one of the random phrases of Teletraan One apologizes for not being able to provide the Glass Gas Cannon, Cliffjumper's signature weapon in Generation One
- Grimlock and Slug argue over slicing Insecticons is easy as Cesium Salami and Beryllium Boloney from the movie
- Slug breaking down the door on one of the Insecticons with the phrase "Excuse Me", from the movie
- Soundwave acting as a lamp post (before you see the last Warp Cannon turn to your right and you should see Laserbeak perched on Soundwave), from the very first episode
- Rumble's Quote from the G1 Movie "First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside it!"
- The final battle taking place aboard the Ark itself.
- The glass gas cannon and throwback blaster are based off g1 weapons
- The sling shock cannon is based off shockwave's arm cannon.
- An upgrade for Optimus's gun includes Synthetic Destronium
- Bumblebee's voice box was destroyed after the events at Tyger Pax
- Optimus Prime was once known as Orion Pax--when accessing a Teletraan 1 store, sometimes it greets him as Orion Pax, but it immediately corrects itself.
- Trypticon becoming the Nemesis.
- Details of this game were first revealed November 2010, on TFW2005.com, the official press release came on October 6, 2011, on the same site. The release date has been confirmed as August 28, 2012.
- Its release date was August 21, 2012 on the same systems as War for Cybertron: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. This release date was pushed forward due to--as the developers describe--pride in their work and fan demands.
- The list of weapons include: A4 Pulsar Cannon, X18 Scrapmaker, Chaos Rift Combustor, Dimensional Decimator, Energon Harvester, Gear Shredder, Nucleon Charge Rifle, Riot Cannon, EDK Techvolt, Path Blaster, Glass Gas Cannon, Scatter Blaster, Subsonic Repeater, Electro Bolter, and the V32.CYBR Corrupt@r.
- It is unknown how Optimus Prime received his...makeover and how Bumblebee lost his voice chip as this game take place directly after War for Cybertron. It is possible this happened at the Cybertron Adventres game on the Nintendo Wii.
- Hasbro did a full Fall of Cybertron toyline under its Generations banner.The line includes a deluxe class Optimus Prime, Jazz, Shockwave, Starscream, Kickback, repaints/remolds of Ultra Magnus(prime mold), Air Raid(Shockwave mold), and Sideswipe(Jazz). Hasbro also produced Swindle, Brawl, Vortex, Blast Off, and Onslaught in the deluxe scale. The figures could be combined to form Bruticus. Also produced were Voyager-Class Grimlock and Soundwave, who was repainted/remolded into SoundBlaster and Blaster. Oddly, Hasbro produced no Megatron figures, which is strange as he is the primary antagonist of the game and franchise. The line as a whole has recived mixed reviews from fans, who generally praised things such as detail and articulation, but critised the cheapish-feeling plastcs on some figures, hollowness of some figures, and the deluxe figures' greatly-reduced scale. Announced at Newy York Toy Fair 2013 was a 25-inch Metroplex figure.
- Unlike War for Cybertron, some enemy units are not on both sides such as the Autobot-exclusive Titan and Decepticon-exclusive Leapers, Insecticons, and Guardians. Plus, some units are only available on Escalation mode such as Sharpshooters and Heavy Gunners.
- ↑ Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron Release Date, Pre-Orders And More Information Revealed - Transformers News - TFW2005
- ↑ Extracted from November Cover Revealed: Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron - News - www.GameInformer.com
- ↑ Extracted from 15 Things You Need To Know About Fall Of Cybertron - TFW2005.com
- ↑ Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - G1 Optimus Vignette
- ↑ 
- ↑ The AI of War for Cybertron]