Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In pursuit of Megatron, Prowl goes back to his own death!
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 268|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #268Edit
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Prowl, Starscream, Megatron, Snap Trap, Jawbreaker, Skalor, Tentakil, Nautilator, Seawing and Jazz.
- Originally published: 28th April 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 5th May 1990.
The Autobots have discovered Megatron is using a Flashback Doorway to project his mind into a being in the past. Prowl steps through to follow him and arrives inside his own past body during the battle with the Underbase powered Starscream.
Megatron is after extra troops and has possessed the body of Snap Trap with the intention of altering history to ensure the Seaconss survive. Because of the consequences this could have to the timeline, Prowl seeks to stop him. Confronting them in the river, Prowl calls out Megatron's name and the latter, realising he has been followed, transforms into Snap Trap's robot mode. As the two time travellers battle, Megatron tries to work out who his foe is, guessing first at Optimus Prime. Prowl reveals himself and knocks out Megatron, whose consciousness returns to the present. Prowl hangs around long enough to see Starscream destroy first the Seacons and then himself. His consciousness returns to the present where Jazz tells him Megatron has fled.
- The powered-up Starscream is portrayed as a giant in this issue, whilst in the original Underbase saga he didn't balloon to the same size, except on the front cover of Dark Star.
Items of noteEdit
- The title of the story has the last four letters printed in mirror image.
- The events in the past take place during those of "Dark Star!". However in that story only the death of the Seacons is seen on panel.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Fallen Star".