Optimus removes himself and Megatron from the board, causing the two factions to break into six. A burning darkness emerges.
Before, at Polar State: Kaon, Optimus Prime heroically dives at Megatron, throwing the two together through an early Space Bridge. Unable to process the unexpected higher occupancy, the portal explodes. Long after the area is abandoned, a crack in space opens up, letting the Fallen return.
Years later, on an operation at a spaceport, Kup questions the existence of a higher power and Cybertron's role in the larger universe. Grimlock pulls Kup's head out of
his ass the proverbial clouds.
Hound returns to the Autobase, with news of a Decepticon mobile assault base. But Prowl is unable to spare extra soldiers ever since the Wreckers and L.S.C. broke off from the Autobots with the absence of Prime.
On Orbital Torus State: Kalis, Bludgeon leads Bugly and Mindwipe in a dark ritual. The Fallen crashes their pagan party and recruits the three to be his henchmen.
Starscream and his crew of Predacons transport a shipment of raw Energon to the spaceport, but after landing, they find their receiving team has already been killed by Grimlock's gang. As Grimlock and Starscream shout at each other, Ironhide and Wheeljack jack the Energon transport, leaving Starscream very, very angry.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- None yet identified.
"So I ask you—what's it all about?"
"...Right here, Kup, right now... it about Energon."
- — Kup and Grimlock
Items of note
- Cameos: Tracks, Huffer, Mirage, Perceptor, Skids (at Autobase); Brawl, Cliffjumper, Gears, Sideswipe (on monitors); Astrotrain, Hardcase, Krok, Horri-Bull (Predacon forces)
- Grimlock almost accidentally called Swoop, Divebomb—this is a nod to the Marvel UK story, "What's in a Name?".
- The "Wavelengths: section contains an article from the desk of penciller and character designer, Don Allen Figueroa.
- The "Declarations of War" page has reader mail answered by Matt Moylan and has a rendering of Optimus Prime by Jeffrey Englert.
|Specifics: Wildman cover|
- Cover A: Jetfire and some major players from the series. Art by Don Figueroa, Erik Sander and Alan Wang.
- Cover B: Double-sized, wrap-around cover by Pat Lee (with Elaine To and Rob Ruffolo), featuring the Dynobots in their Cybertronian forms.
- Incentive Cover: The Fallen by Pat Lee, Erik Sander and Rob Ruffolo.
- Dynamic Forces Cover: by Andrew Wildman, Erik Sander and Alan Wang, featuring the Autobots at Prime's funeral (limited to 3000 copies).