Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Specifics: Toy; fictional appearances|
Gōryū (ゴウリュウ) is the leader of the Dinoforce Decepticons. He typically wields a large spiked club, and unlike the rest of his team, is most often seen riding on the back of his T. rex Pretender shell, rather than controlling it from the inside or fighting alongside it. He and his troops combine to form the goliath Dinoking.
Hot-headed, easily frustrated and generally not too bright, Gōryū demands obedience from his dim-witted troops (especially Kakuryū, whom he often abuses) and respect from the Breastforce...respect which he will never get.
- English-Malay dub name: Icepick
- Latin American dub name: Ice
- Russian dub name: Задавала ("The Arrogant")
- Voice actor: Daisuke Gōri (Japanese)
The captain of the Dinoforce, Gōryū is a major player in the Decepticon army. He's just not very good at the game.
Gōryū led the Dinoforce in the attack on a Mars research ship that saw Jean's parents die. Later he led an attack on Earth's moonbase, forcing Star Saber and his forces to come to Earth's defense and make their base there. Throughout Deathsaurus' campaign against Earth for energy, Gōryū was a loyal grunt. Often he and his Dinoforce were the first in the fight and the last to retreat.
However, he was betrayed when Deathsaurus finally acquired enough energy to free his space fortress -- the Decepticon commander abandoning Dinoforce, and leaving them to die. As retaliation, Gōryū went to the Autobots, and told them the secret weakness in Deathsaurus' space fortress.
After the destruction of the space fortress, Gōryū and his Dinoforce lived peacefully on Earth alongside the humans.
He has a son. Seriously.
- Gōryū (Dinoforce, 1989)
- Japanese ID number: D-322
- Accessories: T-rex shell, shell back, "Tyran Gun", Dinoking foot-plate
- Gōryū's inner robot shares the same mold as the Pretender Monster Icepick, transforming into a bipedal, clawed monster. He comes with a rubbery, cyborg Tyrannosaurus rex Pretender-type shell in which he can be stored. The back of the shell can also store his rifle and the Dinoking footplate. Gōryū can also transform into either leg to DInoforce's combined Dinoking mode, but his nominal placement is as the giant's left leg.
- Dinoking (Multi-pack, 1989)
- Japanese ID number: D-328
- All six members of the Dinoforce were available both in individual boxes and in a complete, six-piece gift set. The gift-set versions are identical to their individual releases.
- Gōryū's name translates roughly as "Mighty Dragon".
- All of the Dinoforce's rubbery shells are susceptible to developing an oily film, and their gold paint may take on a green patina. Why exactly this happens is currently unknown, but as such, even mint-in-package toys may come out of the package kind of slimy and discolored. Eyuw.
- The Victory anime depicted the Dinoforce members as carrying melee weapons, rather than the blasters the toys actually came with. Also, their beast modes are never shown, making them kind of the mirror of the Masterforce Seacons.
- Gōryū is the only combiner team leader other than Scrapper to form a leg—or for that matter, anything that doesn't include the head or upper torso