|G.I. Joe vs. the Transformers > Issue # 6|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
G.I. Joe to the rescue, but is it too late?
While nuclear weapons head towards Cobra Island, Duke sends Wheeljack to the SPS Satellite control center on the island where he'll rendezvous with another group including Mainframe and Sci-Fi and hopefully they can use the satellite's to destroy the nukes. When they get to the base, they find the entire building empty, except for the dastardly Dr. Mindbender.
Moments later, the satellite is reprogrammed, but Storm Shadow and a posse of goons arrive to mess things up. Luckily, the nuclear weapons are destroyed before they can detonate, but on the downside, the satellite control was damaged in the firefight, causing the satellite to rain deadly lasers over the local area.
Cobra Commander is making plans to vamoose, when he runs into Starscream, still damaged after his fight against Snake-Eyes. The two plot together a mutually beneficial agreement.
Outside, Megatron fights against G.I. Joe. The soldiers fight against Megatron (with some incidental aid from the satellite laser, which also kills Mercer... but eh.) Prime arrives to finish the job, but heroically steals Megatron's cannon. G.I. Joe provides the co-ordinate of the satellite. Fueled by Energon, Prime fires a blast into space, destroying the laser, saving everybody on the island.
Weeks later, Optimus Prime thanks G.I. Joe for their aid in constructing a new Ark. To get by without the Autobots' help on Earth, the members of G.I. Joe have received new giant robots of their own to pilot. Underground, government scientists have recovered the Decepticon hardware and have begun some very dangerous experiments.
While in the Florida Keys, the escaped Cobra Commander and Starscream bicker.
- Release date: January 2, 2004 (cover date is November)
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Trailbreaker appeared to have died in the previous issue but was alive and fighting in this one.
Items of note
- The duo of Cobra Commander and Starscream was chosen because their classic voice actors were both Chris Latta, who used a suspiciously similar voice for both characters.
- Now you know... and knowing is half the battle. Yo Joe!
- Cover A: Starscream blowing-up while holding Cobra Commander by Dan Norton.
- Cover B: everyone running from the nuclear blast by Mike S. Miller. (wraparound)
- I-Ninja game
- Viewtiful Joe game
- Dreamer Design
- The Clock Maker: Act 2
- Jack Staff TPB
- Rex Mundi: The Guardian of the Temple TPB
- Mythstalkers #8
- Realm of the Claw #2
- Frankenstein Mobster #1 (back interior cover)
- Feather #3 (back cover)