|Specifics: Toy; fictional appearances|
Gairyū (ガイリュウ) is a member of the Decepticon Dinoforce who becomes a stampeding ankylosaurus when bonded with his dinosaur Pretender shell. Like most of the Dinoforce, Gairyū is both innocent and stupid.
He can combine with his fellow teammates to form Dinoking.
- English-Malay dub name: Bristleback
- Russian dub name: Щётка ("Chetka", Brush)
- Voice actor: Masato Hirano (Japanese)
- Gairyū (Dinoforce, 1989)
- Japanese ID number: D-323
- Accessories: Ankylosaur shell, shell back, "Ankylo Gun", left Monstructor fist
- A redeco of the Pretender Monster Bristleback, Gairyū transforms into a spiked quadrupedal monster. He can also form either arm to the team's combined mode Dinoking. He comes with an armored ankylosaurus shell that he can fit into.
- Dinoking (Multi-pack, 1989)
- Japanese ID number: D-328
- All six members of Dinoforce were available both in individual boxes, and in a complete six-piece gift set.
- Gairyū's name translates roughly as "Armored Dragon".
- The Dinoforce shells are notable for developing a green patina on the painted-gold portions, as well as a slimy texture over their whole surface over time. What causes this is unknown, but ick. Even previously-unopened samples will develop this nastiness. While some water and a little bit of hand-soap should take care of the slime, there's not much to be done about the green discoloration.
- The Victory anime depicted the Dinoforce members as carrying melee weapons, rather than the blasters the toys actually came with.