Garboil (ガーボイル) is a member of the elite Cobalt Sentries, the "public safety unit" of the Decepticon Secret Police. His primary function is information control; he keeps tabs on everyone. Not just the citizens of worlds under Decepticon control in his endless hunt for rebels, but also on his fellow Decepticons, weeding out potential traitors or potential future Secret Police members. When he's not doing that, he's making sure the right information is being released to the troops or public - even if the "right" information is a carefully crafted pack of lies.
Despite his important position within the Secret Police, he has very little combat capability. His main strength is in his vocoder, which is capable of generating a powerful cacophonic blast with a subsonic override signal, causing confusion and fear in his targets.
- Cobalt Sentries (Decepticons, 2005)
- Japanese ID number: 70, 71 (Cobalt Sentries set)
- Accessories: Left & right "Phonon Maser" cannons/thrusters
- A redeco of the Laserbeak/Buzzsaw mold, Garboil transforms from a mechanical condor into a microcassette tape that can fit in the chest compartment of the Soundwave or Blaster molds. His "tape window" shows a readout of the Autobot Fortress Maximus that shows his "weak point" when he is placed behind a clear-red piece of transparent plastic, like the Tech Spec decoders and the "tape door" chestplates of the Soundblaster and Twincast molds. He also came with a clear-plastic cassette case, like early Takara releases of cassette Transformers.
- Garboil was only available in an e-Hobby exclusive 2-pack with Howlback. The mold was later used to make another e-Hobby exclusive, Sundor.
- "Garboil" is an actual English word, meaning "confusion" or "uproar", hence his special power.
- Garboil's coloration is based on a pre-Transformers Microchange "Microcassette Robo" version of the toy, the blue MC-03 Condor. This deco was only available individually in the Microchange line.