Grand Maximus is a character introduced in the Transformers: Super-God Masterforce television series. Grand Maximus is the younger brother of Fortress Maximus. Like his brother, Grand Maximus is a double headmaster formed from three components (Gran, Grand and a space battleship in ascending order of size). Unlike his brother, Grand also implements Pretender technology.
Grand Maximus was sent to Earth to aid Cybertrons by his brother, Fortress Maximus.
Grand is described as a Transformer created base on the design of Fortress Maximus. His Outer Shell can grow as big as the normal size of the Transformer.
Grand Maximus was seen among other High-ranking Autobots (such as Road Caesar, Landcross, Metalhawk, Lander, and the Autobot Godmasters) when Dai Atlas is sworn-in by Victory Saber as the new Supreme Commander of the Autobot forces.
Super God Masterforce
- Grand Maximus (1988)
- Japanese ID number: C-311
- Accessories: Gran Headmaster unit, Grand large Headmaster unit, Grand's Pretender Shell, Onomus, Koka, Photon Rifle, Dual Laser Cannon, Grand's Mini Laser Rifle, Cog's Laser rifle, radar dish, Master Blade, Grand's sword
- As a redeco of Fortress Maximus, Grand Maximus shares the title of largest Transformer toy from Generation One. Grand Maximus transforms from robot, to city, to battleship.
- In all modes, Maximus has a wide array of pop-out (non-firing) guns and gimmicks. His left leg hides a small prison cell, plus has a swing-out cannon/helipad. His right leg has a small storage compartment. His torso has a gear-activated spinner for the detachable radar array accessory, a "control socket" for Grand's "communications tower" mode, and a working elevator that can lift small toys up to the central ramp to be launched in his altmodes. (The crank for this elevator ends up in a very unfortunate position in robot mode.) Each arm had a long ramp on the back with sliding launchers for small vehicles.
- Grand Maximus' head can be removed and transformed into a robot called Grand. This component also transforms into a communications room that combines with Grand Maximus' city and battleship modes. Grand can additionally fit inside an included pretender shell. This shell, unlike most other Autobot shells, was robotic in appearance rather than human. Grand's head can also be removed and transformed into a smaller robot, known as Gran.
- Two smaller vehicles, Koka and Onomus, fit into the toe areas of the Brave Maximus robot. They can combine into the robot Cog. Also included were a gun for Cog, a gun and sword for Grand, two larger guns and a larger sword for Grand Maximus, and a radar dish for Grand Maximus' battleship and city modes.
- Grand Maximus at TFU.info