Whatever Grindcore is doing, he loves to do it loud. Cybertron was always a pretty noisy place, what with everyone revving their engines, and then the war. People on Earth really know how to make noise fun though. Human heavy metal is way cooler than the shock-pop he listened to in his home city of Vos. It's easy to find him on any construction project — just follow the incredibly loud music.
Rock on, buddy. Rock on.
|“||Transformers Comic issue 17||”|
—Grindcore—Fill it in!, Camshaft directing Grindcore
IDW Transformers movie comics
Grindcore, along with Warpath, Signal Flare, and Elita-One, was captured during a raid and put to work by Stockade to construct Starscream's All Spark replica at Simfur. While constructing it, Grindcore collapsed from exhaustion and was unsuccessfully defended from a pair of Payload drones by Warpath. Upon the All Spark's completion, he was strapped to it, with the intention of draining his life-force to power the cube.
Despite some last minute pleading from Elita-One, Starscream activated the new cube, killing Grindcore and the others, but the replica All Spark failed to work as planned.
Grindcore was part of the Specialist team sent to Earth to fight the All Spark's cataclysmic effects. In Sylacauga, Alabama, he is assisting Evac, Camshaft and Salvage to block a "Gusher" erupting from someone's swimming pool. Salvage fire a clamp onto the crack, and Grindcore fills the pool in with a ton of dirt. But the seal begins to loosen. They leave the area just in time, the seal blows with a huge explosion. They head back to base.
- Grindcore (Deluxe Class, 2008)
- Accessories: Launcher, missile, Autobot Cybertron-type Cyber Planet Key
- Grindcore is a redeco of Cybertron Landmine, transforming into a green wheeled front loader with a rear-mounted pile driver. His bucket shovel can be raised up and down, while his gimmick is unusual in that the Cyber Planet Key slot is in his rear wheels. To configure him into attack mode, one flips up the rear wheels (there are smaller wheels to support the rear end of the vehicle to compensate), inserts the Cyber Key into the wheel-hub slots and twists, deploying blades around the circumference of each tire.
- Grincore is a Wal-Mart exclusive.
- This mold was also used to make BotCon 2006's Dawn of Future's Past Rhinox.
- According to Hasbro designer Joe Kyde's design notes on Hasbro's Transformers website, Japanese Micromaster Crush-Bull was the inspiration for Grindcore.