Groundshaker is an enthusiastic young hot-head, always first into battle, and also first to scare the locals with his blazing guns and rambunctious attitude. Countdown would really like to replace him with someone more obedient, but in war you have to work with what you've got.
Dreamwave comics continuity
Groundshaker begun his life as a "normal", full-sized Transformer, and was one of the first Micromasters to be created, voluntarily and consciously partaking in the Micromaster-process, as opposed to the huge majority of later Micromasters, who were created in their small bodies and had never been full-sized Transformers. During "Operation: Containment", a special mission to prevent the Decepticons from spreading further across the universe, Groundshaker acted as Countdown's second-in-command. After the failure of that mission the two returned to Cybertron. During an audience with Ultra Magnus and Fortress Maximus, Groundshaker shouted some stuff and kicked something across the room. He then set out by Countdown's order with his armoured fighting vehicle to recruit some young Micromasters for their cause, and saved the Hot Rod Patrol and the Race Track Patrol (and Flanker) from the Insecticons by shooting Venom and thus driving off the rest of the attackers. He took the Hot Rod Patrol back to Countdown's base. Later, after setting some things right in his partnership with Countdown, he partook in a rescue mission to free all the Micromasters being caught by the Insecticons. During this mission, he single-handedly defeated Ransack, presumably killing him.
- Groundshaker (Micromaster Base, 1989)
- A green redeco of Whisper, Groundshaker transforms into a Fighter Jet of made up origin, possibly loosely based on the apocryphal F-19 stealth fighter and the Advanced Tactical Fighter concept design. As one of the higher price point Micromasters, Groundshaker has stickers on his wings, making him one of the few Micromasters to personally sport a faction symbol (Autobot in this case, obviously). In robot mode, Groundshaker is unusual in that he has molded-on weapons, in this case a pair of dual-missiles on his shoulders.
- Groundshaker comes with an armoured military vehicle (described as an "ATV"), which is huge compared to himself. It has six large rolling wheels, the rear set being larger than the other four. It is armed with a huge main cannon with another gun mounted on it's top and a dual missile launcher on each side. Groundshaker can stand in the cockpit, and as a testament to the size of the vehicle, he can barely see over the edge of the cabin's armor. The main gun can raise by about 40° while the small gun and the missile launchers can rotate 360°.
- The ATV transforms into a large battle station, with a launch pad for Groundshaker himself and two ramps that can be connected to other Micromaster bases. The ATV base is designed to accommodate several Micromaster figures, so one figure can man the main cannon, another can operate the rear computer console and another can sit in the left side recess. The guns retain their functionality from vehicle mode, and as an added bonus, the main cannon can now rotate 360° as well.
- Groundshaker's mold was also used to make the Japanese Autobot Whisper. His ATV mold was used in Japan as the Landshaker vehicle.