Gulfs (ガルフ Garufu) are mindless drone warriors commanded by the villainous Turtler. Their primary function is to be mass-produced, disposable cannon-fodder to keep the Autobot rank-and-file occupied while the big baddies are doing more sinister things.
Super-God Masterforce cartoon
Super-God Masterforce comic
- Galph [sic] (Seacon, 1988)
- Japanese ID number: D-316
- Accessories: Left & right rifles, large rifle, connector, weapon stand base
- Identical to the Hasbro Seacon Skalor, "Galph" transforms into a robotic coelacanth-monster. Its rifles can be mounted on its beast-mode back around its dorsal fin. These rifles also connect to form the double-barreled business end of the Gulf's artillery mode.
- As a Scramble City style combiner, Gulf can form any limb to any combination of similar-construction super robots (or be used in its cannon mode as a hand-weapon provided the super robot uses the King Poseidon fists), but its nominal placement is as the right leg of King Poseidon.
- This mold was also used to make Coelagon.
- King Poseidon (Gift set, 1988)
- Japanese ID number: D-318
- In Japan, all six Seacons were available both as individuals, and in a complete boxed set.
- None of the Masterforce Seacons were ever depicted in robot mode in the cartoon or manga. They went from critter to super-robot-part and that's it. (Well, okay, the limb-bots often went to "smoldering pile of scrap metal" too.) The packaging art is basically the only "fictional" depiction of a Gulf in robot mode.