Heavy Load is as bulky as his name implies. His thick armor intimidates even the toughest Decepticons, but his bulk does not inhibit his movement. To the contrary, he's studied martial arts and can move as gracefully as the most lithe of Transformers. Heavy Load is the most powerful of the Build Team (not to mention the loudest) and is always quick with a joke. He tends to play mentor to the team's young leader Wedge.
- Japanese name: Build Typhoon
Robots in DisguiseEdit
- Heavy Load (Deluxe, 2000/2001)
- Japanese ID number: C-020
- Heavy Load transforms into a large tow truck with an attachable dump-bed. In robot mode, his dump-bed becomes a large hand-held claw weapon. He can form either leg or both arms to the team's combined mode Landfill.
- He was initially released as part of the Takara Car Robots line. The Hasbro Robots in Disguise version adds numerous paint applications to him, including an Autobot sigil and "dirt-wash" paint on his dump bed.
- This mold was also used to make Universe Long Haul.
- Build King (Multi-pack, 2000)
- Japanese ID number: C-022
- In Japan, the entire Build Team set of Wedge, Heavy Load, Hightower and Grimlock was made available. The toys included were identical to the individual Takara releases.
- Landfill (Multi-pack, 2003)
- A mainly-yellow redeco of the entire Build Team was released as a Wal-Mart exclusive in November of 2003, as a multi-pack released on "Black Friday", the day after Thankgiving, the most hellishly-overcrowded shopping day of the year. The set cost considerably less than four individual deluxes.
- Bucket Shield
- Tracker Slam