Hope for the Future is the thirteenth episode of Robots in Disguise. It first aired in the United States on October 26, 2001 on Fox Kids.
Optimus Prime orders T-AI to call in the full Autobot team - the Spychangers are delayed as they foil the Predacons again. The Autobots review the situation in an attempt to work out where the Predacon base is and where Koji's father may be held.
In the episode
English dub changes
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Written by: Tom Wyner
"Sky-Byte hasn't beaten us yet, but he's sneaky, clever and dangerous [yes, seriously] and he'll do just about anything to carry out a mission."
"Yes, and when he went after the
bomb device hidden in that red sports car, he almost succeeded."
- —Optimus Prime
Animation and/or technical glitches
- When the episode is at 4 minutes, 49 seconds running time, during the footage from "Battle Protocol", a voice can be heard in the crowd saying "Megatron's back!"... in response to Megatron's first attack. Potential easter egg reference to previous shows?
- The "An Explosive Situation" footage and the Autobots' recollections of the episode now refers to a "device" instead of a bomb, presumably due to the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- The Autobots use "sky spies", a reference to the Autobot satellite controlled by Teletraan I in the Generation One cartoon.
- Every single bit of animation is recycled from the past 12 episodes. All of it. This means the Spychangers and Predacons have an exact replica of their first battle.
- Midnight Express states the Autobot sky-spies are searching for Dr. Onishi 24/7. (Not very effective, were they?)
- The Autobots work out the Predacon base is located underwater, based on the events of "The Hunt for Black Pyramid".