Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Specifics: Comic appearance, toys|
Iceberg isn't just physically suited for cold-weather and Arctic missions. He loves the cold. Be it trekking through a blizzard in Siberia or simply enjoying a drive through a human settlement at Christmastime (he's developed a fondness for the Most Wonderful Time of the Year), Iceberg is always ready, willing and able to get out there.
In fact, his teammates might say he's a little too eager. More than once, he's managed to get the entire Adventure Mini-Con Team assigned to some frigid mission, where he has a clear advantage his teammates don't share. Iceberg isn't above chicanery to get his way...even if his warm-weather-loving teammate Dune Runner ends up complaining the whole time.
- Japanese name: Junk
Armada cartoon continuityEdit
Dreamwave Armada comics continuityEdit
Iceberg was one of the many Mini-Cons stationed on Earth's Moon for millennia. When the Decepticons invaded, the Adventure Team were part of the first wave of defense against them. However, due to Leader-1 and Dualor's fighting, the base's defenses were destroyed, and the entire installation had to be abandoned. The Mini-Cons escaped to Earth in a series of emergency rocket-pods.
Later, after (temporarily) siding with the Autobots, the Adventure Team was dispatched to Alaska in order to retrieve the last Mini-Con escape pod from the Moonbase. However, when the team started digging, they were interrupted by Thrust, then the super-powered Cyclonus, who scattered the team. Iceberg was swept away from a wave caused by Thrust's impact with the water, but was recovered by Sparkplug when Autobot reinforcements arrived.
The whole of the Earth-based Mini-Con force gathered in Arizona's Black Mesa to take the space bridge back to Cybertron to fight off the approaching Unicron. Presumably he was among the Mini-Cons at the Loop in Cyber City, giving his power to the Mini-Con Matrix that dealt the critical blow to Unicron.
- Adventure Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-16
- Iceberg transforms into a treaded Arctic plow with a serrated plow blade and a crane-arm. A gear-wheel mechanism on his vehicle-mode underside makes the outer sections of his plow scissor inward slightly when he is rolled along a smooth surface. This feature can also be activated by attaching him to the gear-wheel mechanism on the underside of the Armada Cyclonus mold. He was normally only available in a three-pack with his teammates Dune Runner and Ransack.
- Grap Supermode with Spark Lift and Adventure Micron
- Japanese ID number: MS-07
- The Adventure Team were available in Japan both in their own set and in a large multi-pack with Grap (aka Hoist) and the upgraded Lift (aka Liftor). All toys in the set are identical to their individual releases.
- Adventure Microns X-Dimension (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-19
- A limited-edition (yet still standard retail) "X-Dimension" redeco of the Adventure Team was released in Japan. For this version, Iceberg has a bright yellow deco with warning stripes on his tread-guards.
- Powerlinx Cyclonus with Crumplezone and Bonus Mini-Con (Bonus pack, 2003)
- Powerlinx Hot Shot with Jolt and Bonus Mini-Con (Bonus pack, 2003)
- In November of 2003, US Toys "R" Us stores had special bonus pack Max-Con (Deluxe) toys, which came with a single bonus Mini-Con attached to the card over their sticker, for less than the price of a normal Max-Con during Toys "R" Us's post-Thanksgiving-Day sale. Each of the Adventure Team Mini-Cons could come packaged with either Powerlinx Cyclonus or Powerlinx Hot Shot.
- Adventure Team (Basic, 2003)
- Test-shots of a slightly altered and ultimately unreleased Adventure Team have popped up from various sources. It's possible this was intended to be a mid-series deco change for the team, though it looks unfinished at best. Not only does the team have the exact same paint application layouts in the exact same colors as the original, but Iceberg's plastic is barely changed, this version being a slightly brighter orange.
- Adventure Mini-Con Team & Sea Mini-Con Team
- An unaltered version of the original Adventure Team was released as part of an Energon-series "Mini-Con 6-pack" with the Sea Mini-Con Team.
- Iceberg's Japanese name "Junk" indicates Takara is under the impression the Mini-Con is some kind of garbage plow. Further evidence of this is that the Micron Booster redeco of the mold is called "Spoil"; most of the Booster Mini-Cons had names that were similar in theme to their base molds.