|The Transformers: Infiltration > Issue # 5|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Megatron shows the Decepticons what happens to traitors, but Starscream may have an ace up his sleeve.
Skywarp and Blitzwing begin to level the Nebraska bunker. Jimmy and Hunter escape, but Verity is still below, paralyzed by fear at the sight of Megatron—who ignores her as irrelevant. As the bunker collapses in on itself, the Autobots and humans risk themselves to pull Verity to safety.
Meanwhile, Starscream and Astrotrain refine the Ore-13 yield at the Oregon base, as Starscream plans to to ingest the energy...
Blitzwing and Skywarp survey the new crater, with Blitzwing believing the base and what they did there made them stop being Decepticons and it "deserves to be buried". At which point an enraged Megatron smashes his way out and destroys Skywarp with one shot. Blitzwing engages him and is smashed to pieces. The Autobots flee back to the Ark-19, knowing Megatron is out of their league.
The Autobots report the data they gained to Prowl—Starscream's cell found a new variant of Energon they could directly apply to their systems. Quickly exhausting the seam, they abandoned the bunker for a new one in Oregon (which had a richer seam) and engaged Siege Mode to protect what they had. Megatron is here to "put his house in order", and nobody can tell how powerful Starscream's cell may have become...
|Writer(s): Simon Furman|
|Art: E. J. Su|
|Colors: John Rauch|
|Letters: Tom B. Long|
|Editor(s): Chris Ryall & Dan Taylor|
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- None identified yet.
Items of note
- Cameos: None
- This issue contains the first specific mention of Ore-13, which will be an important part of the entire IDW series.
- The "Decepticomments" section featured mail answered by Chris Ryall and short ads for next month's issues: Infiltration #6, Hearts of Steel #1, Generations #4.
- When Megatron bursts out of the bunker, a broken piece of a pipe has the label Binaltech.
- Cover A: Megatron choked by E. J. Su
- Cover B: Starscream on throne by Guido Guidi
- Cover C: Ore-13 Starscream by Andrew Wildman
- Cover D: Megatron vs Blitzwing by Nick Roche
- Cover RI-A: Wraparound of cover A
- Cover RI-B: Autobots by Guido Guidi
- Cover RI-C: Ironhide by Guido Guidi (includes 3 mini-prints)