Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jawbreaker has a twisted sense of humor. Perhaps that is why he prefers to be outnumbered when he fights; the fact that he is the most hostile of the Maximals might help in such a situation. Using his magnetic field generator, Jawbreaker draws his prey within grasp.
- European-market name: Cackle
- Jawbreaker (Deluxe Transmetal 2, 1999)
- Accessories: Tail-blade
- Jawbreaker transforms into a blue, black, and red Transmetal 2 hyena. The back of his beast-mode neck has a spinning saw-blade, and the entire assembly becomes his right robot-mode arm. His tail detaches to form a really vicious-looking sword.
- The hyena jaws were designed to swing down and away from the rest of the head, forming a more distinct grasping hand for the robot mode. This feature is shown on the packaging photographs, but on the final toy it was "neutered" by the addition of rigid plastic pegs locking the jaws into the skull.
- This mold was later used to make Frostbite.
- Beast Wars: The Gathering and Beast Wars: The Ascending featured nearly every non-show character from the Hasbro Beast Wars toyline. The exceptions are Jawbreaker, MicroVerse's Orcanoch and Arachnid, the combined Magnaboss and Tripredacus gestalts, the Mutant Razor Claw and the McDonalds characters (excluding Manta Ray). Jawbreaker was not totally forgotten by IDW, though. He does appear on a Beast Wars poster, which was used (in cropped form) as the cover to The Gathering #1. And, of course, he got a bio in the Beast Wars Sourcebook.
- Jawbreaker's pre-release name, "Cackle", was retained on some versions of the European packaging.
- Speaking of pre-release information, Jawbreaker showed up in Wal-Mart's computer systems as "kangaroo". Crikey!
- The right side of Jawbreaker's robot-mode head, along with the ridge on top of it, slightly resembles Silverbolt's.