- Jetpower Optimus Prime is an Autobot from the Revenge of the Fallen portion of live-action film continuity. He is also known as Power Up Optimus Prime.
Jetpower Optimus Prime is the upgrade form of Optimus Prime with Jetfire's parts. In this form, Optimus possess various weapons, including a cannon on his arm, a machine gun, at least one of his swords from his normal mode and both afterburners on his back which can fire massive energy blasts as well.
Revenge of the Fallen
|“||Optimus Prime is pleased with his upgrade.||”|
During the course of the battle against Decepticons in Egypt, Jetfire was mortally wounded by Scorponok, whom he managed to kill in return, and The Fallen stole the Matrix of Leadership before Optimus Prime could use its power to fully recover. Jetfire, knowing that "only a Prime can defeat The Fallen" sacrificed himself after telling Optimus to use his parts to gain more power. Jolt and Ratchet then fused Jetfire's corpse with Optimus.
With it, Optimus was able to fly to the Solar Harvester where he tackled the Fallen and Megatron off from the pyramid and destroyed the machine with a single blast from his cannon. Then, he attacked the Fallen, but Megatron intervened. In (presumably gleeful) revenge for his earlier defeat at Megatron's hands, Prime proceeded to administer a victorious beating to the Decepticon field commander. Optimus damaged Megatron by blasting his face with his own fusion cannon and cutting off his arm before he blew him away with his rocket thrusters.
Optimus Prime then battled the Fallen. Although the Fallen was able to tear off Prime's left thruster and strike him in the face with it, Optimus Prime soon got the upper hand and tore off the Fallen's face plate with his own spear. Prime then finished him by tearing out the chest the Fallen's, his spark and crushing it. Shocked by the Fallen's demise, Megatron and Starscream fled.
After the battle, Optimus discarded Jetfire's parts.
Revenge of the Fallen video game
- He is a playable character in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen the video game.
- His primary weapon is a heavy laser machine gun. His secondary weapon is a charged shell cannon. He does not have a vehicle mode weapon. His vehicle mode is when Jetfire's jets are activated. His special coats him in red, absorbs damage, increases his melee damage, surrounds nearby allies with two rings of red, and increases nearby allies' melee damage.
- His guns both overheat extremely quick.
- Optimus Prime (Legends, 2009)
- Legends class Optimus Prime is able to combine with Legends class Jetfire.
- Optimus Prime (Leader, 2009)
- Leader class Optimus Prime is able to combine with Leader class Jetfire.
- Jetpower Optimus Prime (Mega Power Bot, 2009)
- Ultimate Prime (2009)
- Battle for the Fallen (Robot Heroes box set, 2009)