Koji Gets His Wish is the thirtieth episode of Robots in Disguise. It first aired in the United States on November 03, 2001 on Fox Kids.
The Autobots protect Fortress Maximus from the Decepticons, and Sky-Byte inadvertently reunites Koji with his father.
In the episode
English dub changes
Note: All characters are listed in order of their first appearances in the episode. The time they appear is the time from the Japanese dub..
Original airdate: 11/03/2001 Written by: Richard Epcar
Who's the baddest shark around?
Who's the smartest shark in town?
Sky-Byte, that's me!
Who'll drive Scourge into the ground
And never let old Megatron down --
Sky-Byte, that's me!
- —Sky-Byte's song
Who gets too hungry for seafood at eight?
Who swims the ocean, and always looks great?
Cha-cha, cha-cha cha,
Who always bothers with robots he hates,
Sky-Byte, yes Sky-Byte, that's -- me!
- —STILL Sky-Byte's song
"He should keep his day job."
- —Scourge crushes Sky-Byte's dreams of musical stardom.
"Did you really think that I would let you have the secret of the ruins, Scourge?"
"You don't let me do anything; I take what I want!"
- —Optimus Prime is told by Scourge how things REALLY work.
Kelly: "Ah! What's the idea?! I put my money in already!"
Worker: "You didn't pay enough."
Kelly: "I paid the full fare!"
Sky-Byte: (singing) Sky-Byte! *passes through the gate*
Kelly: "What the...?! You let him through! What's going on around here? How come he didn't have to pay anything? That isn't fair!"
Worker: "Fine! ...You tell him he can't go through!"
- —Kelly can't catch a break, as usual.
(thinking) "I feel bad for this kid, but would Megatron think?"
- —Sky-Byte thinks about Megatron's reaction...not a pleasant thought.
Animation and/or technical glitches
- Before fighting Railracer, Ruination has Ro-Tor & Movor as arms and Rollbar & Armorhide as legs and in the next part he has Armorhide and Rollbar as the arms while Ro-Tor & Movor as the legs without switching.
- Sky-Byte has been noted to have excellent hearing many times in the series, yet when trying to eavesdrop on Scourge and Mega-Octane he states that he is unable to hear their scheming. Maybe he is just too far away?
- Scourge threatens to slice up Optimus Prime into "so many scraplets".
- The Autobot ship in Scourge's flashback is of similar design to the Axalon.
- At one point, Sky-Byte imitates the famous pose from the movie Jaws.
- After twenty-eight episodes in which the Autobots make no apparent effort to find and rescue Doctor Onishi, he's finally freed...by Sky-Byte. Yay?