Will the Autobots lose to Megatron's Decepticons... or Shockwave's Decepticons?
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 266|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #266
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Motorist, Louisiana cop, Jazz, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Runabout, Runamuck, Drag Strip, Dead End and Louisiana resident.
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): Megatron.
- Originally published: 14th April 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 21st April 1990.
On Route 43 between Jacksonville to New Orleans a speeding motorist has been stopped by a cop who explains that here in Louisiana folks take things slowly. Suddenly Jazz and Sunstreaker speed past and crash through a field. Sunstreaker is worried about his bodywork but Jazz reminds him that Skydive screwed up by using an open channel to report the location of the missing Decepticon satellite and if they don't get there soon the Decepticons will reach it first and Prowl's sacrifice will be in vain.
Some miles away the satellite lies crashed. Prowl succeeded in stopping it from releasing Megatron's gas and triggering global warming, but the cannisters of gas remain intact next to it - a prize to be captured by Megatron's Decepticons... or Shockwave's Decepticons! Megatron has dispatched Runabout and Runamuck to retrieve the gas, but Shockwave has sent Dead End and Drag Strip. All are determined to stop the Autobots reaching the gas. On arrival the Decepticons promptly start fighting each other.
Moments later Jazz and Sunstreaker arrive and are concerned as the Decepticons are between them and the cannisters. Jazz is saddened as it means Prowl's sacrifice was in vain. But then a local man comes up to them and tells them someone wants to speak to them. They follow him and discover Prowl alive and well! Local residents have been helping patch him up and he's already neutralised the gas. He points out that in Louisiana life is taken at a slower pace and so suggests they sit back, have a rest and enjoy watching the Decepticons battle it out.
- The Battlechargers are presented as Megatron's Decepticons and the Stunticons as Shockwave's Decepticons. Other Earthforce stories consistently establish them as having the reverse allegiances.
Items of note
- As the Autobots speed past the motorist his toupee flies off.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Earthforce".