The best way to describe Longrack (ロングラック, ro-n-gu-ra-kku) is that he's the kind of cadet who runs for Student Council President because he believes that the job really matters and should be taken seriously, darn it all. Longrack believes rules exist to be followed. He's talky, annoying, over-serious, and has a stick up his tailpipe as long as his beast mode's neck. The "Brainy Smurf" of Big Convoy's crew, Longrack means well, but that doesn't stop him from being a major tool. In his spare time, he likes to tinker with machines.
Beast Wars Neo
- Voice actor: Jun Uemoto (Japanese)
Beast Wars Neo manga
IDW Beast Wars comics
Longrack was part of Lio Convoy's elite special operations unit, the Pack. He traveled with them to prehistoric Earth to rescue Razorbeast and company. On the way there, Stampy's "bounding" exuberance, quite predictably, got on Longrack's nerves. Once their team landed in the middle of a battle with the Predacons, he used his long giraffe neck to take a bite out of Buzz Saw.
Beast Wars Neo
- Longrack (Mega, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: C-29
- Accessories: Knife, 2 missiles
- Longrack transforms into a giraffe. His beast-mode head has an extending tongue action. No, really, it has an extending tongue action. So he can...eat leaves from high trees. Look, we didn't design the damn thing, all right?
- Anyway, his robot mode is laden with gimmicks. His beast-mode forelegs each hide a spring-loaded missile launcher. His giraffe neck becomes his right arm, which has a spring-loaded extending claw. His left arm's gauntlet has a flip-out knife, which is removable, but due to the plastic tolerances is tricky to remove and replace. He also has a third "weapon" mode that is best not talked about at all.
- Longrack vs Guiledart (Vs pack, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: VS-29
- Longrack was available both separately and in a vs-pack with Guiledart.
- A very unexpected homage to Longrack was retooled from Armada Hoist in the Cybertron series.
- This same homage was very clearly used as the basis for Longrack's Cybertronian form in IDW's Beast Wars comics.