|Specifics: Fictional appearances|
Lugnutz follows where the road takes him. Though he is usually associated with the Decepticons, he has no interest in their goals of conquest. He simply does jobs for them to keep himself in energon, and as soon as that scene gets too heavy, he's outta there. Distancing himself from the lowbrow "L7" creeps under Megatron's employ, he thinks of himself as a "road scholar", roaming the highways and deserts, thinking the deep thoughts and jotting down poetry... between rounds of blowing things up with his rifle "Dutch" to stave off boredom.
His hep lingo sometimes loses those cats he chooses to groove with. Can you dig?
He seems to have something resembling an actual friendship with the Decepticon "femme fatale" Thunderblast.
- Japanese name: Roadstorm
- Russian name: Лагнат ("Lugnut")
Cybertron animated continuityEdit
- Special Attacks: Side Machine Gun
Lugnutz was one of the many Cybertronians who arrived on Earth on the starship Atlantis. At some point he and many others went rogue, and were hunted down and imprisoned by the Autobots Crosswise and Evac. Re-awakened by Starscream, he and Thunderblast guarded the volcano island base from both the invading Autobot forces and Megatron's troops, but Lugnutz soon decided that this gig was nowheresville. He and several other Decepticons took off for parts unknown.
Lugnutz and his fellow renegade Decepticons returned to Cybertron at Evac's behest when Galvatron threatened to use the Omega Lock and the four Cyber Planet Keys to accelerate the growth of the Unicron Singularity and destroy the universe. They joined the Autobots and Decepticons from the various worlds to fight the super-sized Decepticons under Galvatron's command. Lugnutz attempted to talk Thunderblast out of her allegiance with Galvatron, but to no avail.
After Galvatron's destruction, Lugnutz convinced his former foe Evac to join the exploration mission to build the universe-spanning Space Bridge. He joined Evac and Backstop's crew on the reconstructed ancient starship Hyperborea, taking the Jungle Planet's Cyber Planet Key with them.
- Lugnutz (Scout class, 2005/2006)
- Japanese ID number: GD-12
- A Scout-class toy, Lugnutz transforms into a motorcycle resembling a Harley-Davidson touring bike. Plugging a Cyber Planet Key into his left saddlebag in either mode flips up a portion of his right tailpipe to reveal a (non-firing) blaster and missile rack from his right saddlebag. His left tailpipe assembly becomes his rifle "Dutch". The Hasbro version of the toy has metallic gold flames painted on his, where the Takara version uses flat yellow flames.
- He came with a silver-bordered Earth-style Cyber Planet Key. The Hasbro version has the Cyber Key code "s3y6" stamped on the back.
- Lugnutz (Scout, 2007)
- Lugnutz was one of several Cybertron Scout-class toys also made available on Universe cardbacks, and sold through discount chains like Kay-Bee Toy Works. This version is unchanged from the Cybertron release.