Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Octane takes a seriously bad wrong turning!
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 283|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #283Edit
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): US army troops
- Originally published: 11th August 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 18th August 1990.
- Octane explains how as per usual he was stealing fuel for the Decepticons and took an accidental turning that took him onto an army testing range.
Blitzwing and Astrotrain respond that this is no "odd mistake" but agree to help their fellow triple-changer and get some target practice in at the same time. They start attacking the tanks and helicopters but find that the humans are good, though the Decepticons are better.
Octane has not joined in the battle, which annoys Blitzwing and Astrotrain. Octane explains that he is full of fuel and one shot will mean he explodes like a nuke. Blitzwing demands the truth as to how Octane got into the mess.
- Octane admits he was playing with human cars but one of them almost got the better of him so he pursued it for many miles, finally getting the better of it as he entered the test range.
Blitzwing is outraged that the whole situation is a result of Octane's silly games and he and Astrotrain take off, hoping that if Octane survives the experience will teach him a lesson. Octane is left pleading for help as shells explode around him.
Nearby the car is revealed to be Jazz. He comments that Octane needed to be taught a lesson as too many humans were being hurt, but now he's been outmanoeuvred.
- Why can't Octane just transform to his jet mode and take off?
Items of noteEdit
- Octane's habit of telling tall stories to make himself look good and not being believed occurs once again. It was previously seen in "Resurrection!"
- In the story's very first panel, the gas station that Octane attacks has written "-XXON" (the beginning of the word is off-panel). The station could belong to Roxxon Oil, a company from the Marvel Universe.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Way of the Warrior".