- Mecha-soccer is a Cybertronian sport practiced by Transformers in the Generation One continuity family.
Mecha-soccer (or football) has a long history on Cybertron. It is somewhat different from football as it is played on Earth, as it involves attacking the ball. Professional leagues existed prior to the Great War, although amateur league play continues throughout the conflict.
During wartime, the non-professional teams of the Primus League garner the most attention, especially their competition for the prized Primus League Cup. While the Cybertron Premier Division is assumed to be the uppermost tier in the League, non-League teams (such as Throttlebot Wanderers) are apparently recognized and able to compete.
Known Cybertron Premier Division TeamsEdit
- Actionmaster Academicals
- Known members: Jazz
- Known matches: Defeated Horrorcon Thursday despite an in-game brawl.
- Bruticus All-Blacks
- Known members: Brawl, Vortex, Bruticus
- Known matches: Controversially won a match against their rivals Defensor United when an illegal move went unseen by the refs (the Micromaster Battle Patrol), who were recovering from being stepped on by Bruticus.
- Defensor United
- Known matches: Controversially lost a match against their rivals Bruticus All-Blacks when an illegal move went unseen by the refs (the Micromaster Battle Patrol), possibly putting them out of the championship race.
- Dinobot Dynamo
- Known matches: Game against Triplechangers Town interrupted by Galvatron blowing up the referee, then claiming to be a living god.
- Other: May be the same team as Dynamo Dinobot.
- Horrorcon Thursday
- Known members: Blot and Skullcruncher
- Known matches: Lost to Actionmaster Academicals following a brawl with both that team and then each other.
- Triplechangers Town
- Known matches: Unfinished game with Dinobot Dynamo.
Other League TeamsEdit
- The Aerialbots
- Other: Said to be "looking very good in the air".
- Combaticons Hove Albion
- Known members: Brawl
- Known matches: Hard game against Throttlebot Wanderers resulted in appalling injuries to Goldbug, resulting in a professional foul against Brawl. Final outcome of that game unknown.
- Cybertron United
- Other: Dreadwind noted this team had general support.
- Dynamo Dinobot
- Other: Said to be one of the two biggest teams on Cybertron. May be the same team as Dinobot Dynamo.
- Polyhex City
- Other: Dreadwind noted this team had general support until it was relegated to a lower division. What division it had previously been in is unknown.
- Protectobots Academicals
- Other: Said to have a very strong defense.
- Technobots Wednesday
- Known members: Nosecone, Strafe
- Other: Nosecone said to be in line for the Sportsmechanoid of the Millennium award for his ability to "drill through defences", while Strafe is the "top winger around".
- Terrorcons Ununited
- Other: Said to be one of the two biggest teams on Cybertron.
- Other: Said to have a "water-logged pitch".
- Throttlebot Wanderers
- Known members: Goldbug (although Chase, Freeway, Overload, Rollbar, and Searchlight have been suggested as members)
- Other: Called the "non-league no-hopers" by Blaster, Goldbug sustained fusion servo injuries from Brawl during a match with Combaticons Hove Albion, the final outcome of which is unknown. It is likely that Wide Load was supposed to be a member instead of Overload.