Metalhawk is armed with the Titanium Saber, which can deflect lasers with its flat planes. Also possesses knock out gas and a rifle.
His human form is referred to as Hawk, though the Headmasters Juniors refer to him as Hawk-san ("san" is a respectful Japanese term for an elder). When in human form, he is seen wearing a business suit. He is given to shout "Suit On" when he requires his Pretender Shell and to shout "Pretender" when he wishes to attain robot form.
- Italian TV dub name: Optor
- Russian TV dub name: Kogot (Коготь) ("Claw")
Voice actor: Katsuji Mori (Japan)
Metalhawk was seen among other High-ranking Autobots (such as Road Caesar, Landcross, Grand Maximus, Lander, and the Autobot Godmasters) when Dai Atlas is sworn-in by Victory Saber as the new Supreme Commander of the Autobot forces.
- Metalhawk (Pretender, 1988)
- Japanese ID number: C-201
- Accessories: 2-part Pretender shell, helmet, sword, rifle,2 wings
- Available only in japan, Metalhawk is the only die-cast ( a lost art nowadays) Pretender ever made, transforming into a blue, gold, red and gray Cybertronic jet vehicle (More like a souped up F-15 Eagle). The gray wings which serves as his robot mode's primary weapon can also be attached to his "Jet rifle" in his Pretender mode.
- Metalhawk's outer Pretender shell resembles a human (with a full face, a first for the original Pretender breed) in a red, white and blue armoured space suit , armed with a gray (Titanium d'oh sword) and a blue "Jet" rifle. The shell's helmet is used to help "lock" the shell-halves together, is also removable.